I spent some time looking for a nice piece of art for my yellow kitchen wall. Most pieces I considered looked too busy on such a bright color. I found this cafe scene in black and white and framed in mahogany, which sort of gave the photo a brown and white or sepiatone appearance. It is a great compliment to my kitchen. My mother-in-law, who recently saw it for the first time, says she feels like jumping into the photo and taking a stroll.
I love black and white photography from Paris, that is all that I have on my walls. I needed 2 more pieces so I choose this one to go above my bistro table. It looks absolutely great. But it does have a sepia shade to it, which makes it to be a little off, but I still like it very much.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It has a sepia tone to it
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
beautifully framed, well packaged, lovely once hung
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description was exact
For me, this photograph captures the mood of Provence as it brings back memories of time spent in a very similar (the same?) cafe. The sepia tones are lovely and I am pleased with the gold beaded frame I selected as it mixes in well with other frames in my home. I am gravitating toward black and white prints and photography as they seem to provides a sense of calm and a soothing feel to the room and this one is truly lovely. With that being said, the good price, service and quick delivery of a very well packaged, fragile item - all live up to what I have come to expect from Overstock.com! I recommend this selection highly! (one tip - measure the space where you are considering hanging - this is a LARGE piece.)