This light fixture was exactly what I was looking for - not another pendant light and not a "fancy" chandelier. It is perfect over my kitchen island. Thank you for such an excellent product!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect color!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality - looks like a much more expensive light fixture.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The light fixture was exactly as described.
This alabaster chandelier is a work of art, and looks much more expensive then it is. Initially, I received a damaged dome---but just ONE call to Overstock.com - and they sent me a new piece, and a pre-paid return label to return the damaged item. The chandelier dome is very heavy. Be careful! Overall, it's a georgeous fixure, and casts a beautiful glow - as well as a "starlight" reflection upon the ceiling. Grab it, before it's gone, and enjoy!
This lamp is absolutely gorgeous and we love it. I would've given it a 5-star rating, but here's the problem. It was not packed well and arrived broken. However, Overstock is replacing it and is sending a new one (hopefully packed more securely) and we should have the new one within a few days. It is going to look great in our kitchen. This is a very big lamp, so you could also use it in a dining room or even a foyer.
I did not expect the lamp would be this good with the price, much better than 3 time price lamps I saw in store. Just love it, right size for my dinning area
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matches the product
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
I am returning this ceiling lamp because it is far lower quality than the one I already have in place in my dining room, and that one was only about $100 several years ago! This light fixture is very low quality and extremely overpriced. Don't even be tempted to try it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The black lines which are supposed to look like lead really just look like a 5-year-old drew them on with a blacker magic marker. They are smeared in areas and they do not extend to the edge of the light fixture. It is quite ugly and cheap looking in person. A huge disappointment.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It seemed to imply better quality
Like all the reviews have said, this is a fantastic-looking light. I put it in my den and couldn't be happier. I have a dimmer switch on it, and the light has a great glow at all settings. I highly recommend using a dimmer. A great product at a great price!
This lamp is both rustic and elegant and we are thrilled. I thought it was a gamble, but we won! I had read reviews that said the lamp is heavy, and it is. But certainly not impossible to put up, and not a problem. I also worried that the light may be dim...no way! It has 5 light sockets. We used flourescents (equivalent to 60 watts times 5) and it is very bright. One problem: The washers were too small, so we needed to use our own larger ones. The price was reasonable, the delivery all went smoothly. Guests have already commented on how "Tuscan and great" it looks.
WOW! This looks gorgeous in our living room. We looked at literally 100's of light fixtures, new and antique.. This one fits in perfectly with our 20's house, yet has a bit of a modern element as well. Real marble fixtures are hard to come by at this price point. We love how this casts a warm light through the stone, even with dreary CFL bulbs. I was worried that this would hang too low with our 8ft ceilings, but it looks great! Snap this one up, you wont regret it one bit.
My first Overstock purchase...fantastic. Good quality. Beautiful warm glow from the alabaster stone/glass when lit. An elegant and expensive look for a significanltly lower price. Arrived intact and well-packed with a just a few pieces to put together. The glass is heavy so definitely requires 2 for hanging.
Once I got this light up, it looks great. Could easily match one costing $500-$1000. Workmanship and quality control were minor issues: Threads were stripped on one part, screws holding the lamp to the ceiling need washers to assure it won't come crashing down and one of the 3 support rods for the shade was an inch too long. On the positive side: I emailed the vendor about the odd length rod and they immediately mailed me a new one from Hong Kong. Despite these minor issues, we could not be happier with the choice.