I needed extra storage with a relative small footprint to store my mountains of fabric. For this purpose, this item is perfect and I love it for that. I wanted something covered and quite frankly, this was the only freestanding corner unit I found online. I guess for the money, it isn't bad. Assembly took about an hour and you really need two people to align screw holes and hold in place while the other person screws in the screws. What disappointed me the most is the faux wood cardboard backing. This piece comes folded and trying to lay this piece out flat and square it up with the back of the closet, was quite frustrating, to say the least. It took two of us a few tries of removing nails and re-aligning to get it on somewhat straight (we never got it on completely square). Just being off a smidgeon at the top will put this piece completely askew at the bottom with gaps of air. Most of the problem lies with the creases where the cardboard was folded - the piece doesn't want to lie flat against the closet back. The closet is fairly sturdy and I am satified with the final product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual closet color appears to be a just tad lighter then depicted
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is average - nothing great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Adequate
I purchased this item, plus the tower with doors and tower with 3 drawers. Only the tower with doors went together perfectly - everything else we had to fool around with in order to make it work. We're experienced "*** assemblers" and the quality and instructions for the items were a little sketchy. The packaging was really the worst part though. Instead of putting the box inside of a packing box, styrofoam was glued onto the box, and shrink-wrapped in plastic. I swear it took us longer to open the box than put the entire thing together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. OK
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK