Nice big mattress. Feels like a good bed when resting. Lots of air to fill it up; that's the King size mattress. Only one thing; the carrying bag that came with the mattress should be more sturdy. It ripped on side when replacing mattress back in bag.
Bought this air bed to accomodate last minute Thanksgiving guests, and was afraid it would be a poor substitute for a real bed. But my sister (who has back issues) and her husband said it was extremely comfortable. They own a bed and breakfast, and are planning to purchase a few of these to have on hand for spare beds. This bed is easy and quick to inflate and adjust, and it held air well, with only minor pump ups every other day or so. King size sheets were a little loose on it, and I did usean extra thick mattress pad for additional comfort, but all in all a great buy. Also, it was nearly $XXX dollars cheaper than I saw at XXXX.
I had a need to provide a temporary king-sized bed in a spare room to my guests and I couldn't justify investing in a "real" king-sized bed for this purpose. So, I ordered this great king-sized blow up style air bed to use for my guests. I've had 3 different people sleep on it to date & they all have confirmed that it's exceptionally comfortable. It holds the air well, is very easy to setup & take down. It is definitely a "real" king-sized bed: I measured it against my regular king-sized bed in the master bedroom: they have identical measurements. My older guests who have some mobility limitations especially appreciate that it sits up so high: they can easily move over to the edge and get up without assistance. I'd highly recommend this great bed to anyone who's looking for a king-sized temporary bedding solution: it's easy to setup, it is very comfortable & it's easy to take down/store until its next use.
the bed was very comfortable when it was aired up, just didnt last long. we were using in an apt while our furniture was in storage. The first time, it lasted about 2 weeks before it started loosing significant air. We contacted the place we purchased from (Overstock.com) & they sent a prepaid label to return mattress for an exchange which we received very timely. The 2nd air mattress lasted about 3 weeks, developed a hole in a seam about thumb width. we covered that with the included patch kit only to have it immediately spring a leak to the side. We had purchased the extended warranty (don't know if that made a difference or not) & are again sending the bed back. This time we requested a refund on our money which we were told we will receive. I would give Overstock 5 stars - their customer service is the best I have ever ran across. This bed when working, was 5 stars, but I have to give it a '1' due to the length of time it lasted.
1. SIZE: This bed should be promoted as a California King, not a king. Cal King bedding will fit perfectly, and I was pleased to get this size bed. The height is same as a real bed. 2. PUMP is as loud as a vacuum cleaner, and has an underlying high pitched screech. Sounds like it won't last long. 3. COMFORT: If it would stay inflated, it would be very comfortable. The materials seem durable. 4. INSTRUCTIONS: Instructions are minimal and not entirely clear. The "Inflate" and "Close" positions appear to be the same spot. The pump control and the manual deflate valve are at opposite ends of the unit, and the latter is not shown in the illustrations. 5. THE HOLE: The one I received has an open cylindrical depression 2-1/4" in diameter, 3" deep in the vinyl wall to the left of the pump control. It is not shown in the instructions and does not appear in the on-line photos. Its purpose is a mystery. 6. NOISE: When you get up, the air displaced by your weight returns to its original space, and the vinyl walls creak with the adjustment. MY EXPERIENCE: This bed was purchased for temporary use during a remodeling project. I inflated and deflated it once before intlating it for use. The first two nights it lost considerable firmness, and had to be pumped up morning and evening. I was considering returning it, but the third night it held up much better. Possibly the vinyl needed to stretch, like a new pair of shoes. After a few good nights, it has started to collapse again, worse than before. I awoke in a pit, and am done with this bed. My cheap old non-raised twin air bed is more comfortable and reliable. The Airtek king was a waste of money.
This product is a big comfortable bed. The manufacturer only provides a 30 day "limited" warranty. After 90 days, the bed would deflate in less than 2 hours. Don't make a mistake, buy the extended 2 year warranty through overstock, you won't regret it and be happy that you did. Luckily, I bought the extended warranty knowing that someone would be sleeping on it every day and thought no way will this last 2 years! I was right, it lasted 90 days!!! Overstock extended warranty was hassle free at first, some things I learned that you only get your money back via Overstock Credit and was required to ship the 50 pound bed back at first. I called to complain, and they told me not to worry about it, just hold on to the bed until the claim is settled. Would I buy the bed again? NO WAY! Would I buy the warranty again? ABSOLUTELY.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. At first the look and feel of quality, but leaked after 90 days
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I was pleasantly surprised to see that this king sized air mattress actually blew up the size of a bed in both height and top dimensions. It seems very sturdy, the pump plugged in, filled it up quickly, it's been up (for show, I am a decorator / stager) and I have not had to refill it at all. I'm very happy with it, for my purposes. I would imagine, with it being so high, that it is also comfortable... but I haven't had the need to try it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? didn't really notice
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It seems very good, thick walls and fabric top.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
My parents were coming in for a visit and I needed a bed big enough for two that wasn't on the floor or difficult to get in and out of. It is the height of a normal bed. They were shocked when I told them it was an air mattress! I blew up quickly and held the air well. After 3 nights of being slept on, I did add some more air to it. The only disappointment was the "pillow top" description. It was pretty rigid on top, so I bought a foam mattress pad to supplement. It worked out perfectly. I will keep this bed for a long, long time. Buy it! :)
This is a very comfortable bed, it is the only bed I sleep in and really enjoy it. Easy to make and and adjust.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I bought this bed for use in Australia and overall I am very hapy with it. As I was quoted rates in Australian dollars through an Australian service, I would have liked to have been warned that the pump on the bed was rated for American electrical setups only (lower voltage than Internationally). I will need to get an Australian external air pump for the bed as I did not spot this detail when I read the instruction manual either. I am not versed in voltages and the wording mentioned normal wall socket, so I plugged it in. The bed inflated wonderfully, but that was the end of the pump for me. This does not detract from the comfort of the bed though, although it reduces some of the immediate functionality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matches
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality, seems solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Mainly very accurate
Thinking about getting rid of my bed and sleeping on this full time because thats how comfortable it is. Have used it a few times when parents come to visit (they get my bed) and I almost feel guilty because this air mattress is so comfy. It's easy and quick to inflate (and deflate) and my California King Sheets fit great but I am sure reg. king sheets would work too. Doesn't lose air- slept on it for three nights and didn't have to re-inflate. Very happy with this bed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Seems very nice and good height. Auto inflate works very well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Havent slept on it yet
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good