From when I started assembly, to when I first sat on this item, I knew it was JUNK. Pieces were machined wrong, and assembly was a nightmare. Hardware was not correctly machined, and the tools that were provided would not work for assembly. Avoid this item at all cost!
The chair is not out door chair as described, I put outside only 3 months, the "paint" start pearing off and chair start falling apart.Because it is out of warrianty, I can't even compalint to manufacture. DO NOT BUY IT.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? NO
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poor quality, not the outdoor chair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? totally not accurate
The chair was quite a challenge to assemble -- the instrux/diagram were confusing and didn't explain where to insert all the little brass tubes. After I was done, I realized all the leftover brass tubes were probably supposed to be inserted in all the "hinge" spots, to make folding the chair easier. Oh well. The final product is handsome and sturdy. It's a pretty comfortable chair -- great for relaxing -- but the seat is too deep for my short legs. The chair is probably too low for a tall person with long legs, but probably best for someone of average height. I'd like to get another one, but I'm waiting for the price to go down.
Beware "some assembly required." I'm having to redrill holes because things didn't line up out of the box. I could see dissassembling and reassembling the entire thing with carpenter glue, additional nails, etc. for more sturdiness.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not nearly as rich
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. holes don't line up, screwed in pieces (seat and back) aren't firmly assembled
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
I ordered both the chairs and the foot rests fro them, and after putting together the footrests, I opened the chairs to find them a much darker color than the footrests. This is more of a weathered oil color than a natural cedar kind of look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? NO.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I'm not even going to try to put it together because the color is not correct.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not at all.
So I ordered these anyway inspite of what everyone said. Yes assembly is a pain in the butt and I thought the price was right. Well one broke during assembly. Overstock took a while getting me an new replacement but somehow I'm supposed to ship the old one back? They offered to pay shipping back but this is not practical. I cant recreate the packing. The other thing is that these DO NOT FOLD. If you look at photo of the armrests and compare it with other chairs on here that SHOW THE CHAIR FOLDING then you will see that the leg support and the armrest cannot fold they way they abut. Its a nice looking chair but the price to bother ratio is out of whack. These need to be cheaper to be worth the while. Not fulltime outdoor chairs either. Finish flakes off easily.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. one broke during assembley
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? DOES NOT FOLD
Received the chair as a gift. While the wood is beautiful and construction is ok assembly was a challenge. The directions were translated from Vietnamese and some things were diffuclt to understand. You pretty much have to put it together by the picture on the box. Other than that its a great chair.