Just had this fixture installed in breakfast area of our kitchen. Looks fabulous; coordinates with the contemporary look in the rest of the room. Brushed steel finish is as shown on the web site. I've been looking at all price range fixtures, and for the money this is an excellent buy. Be aware that I had a handyman install it, and it took some time to work out getting the 3 hanging lines level. Other than that, it was an easy install, and most important of all....looks great!
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched
Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality good
How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase, now that it's installed. I'd give it an excellent but for a couple issues with my specific fixture.
What I would have loved to have been included in the description:
1. The fixture itself is an aluminum color with a matte finish and texture like powdercoated sandpaper, attractive and helps it "disappear and float". The photo shows some reflections that make it look shinier than it is.
2. There are six frosted glass lenses on the bottom of the ring.
3. The ring is 1 3/4" deep and with the frosted glass lenses on bottom and the corresponding clear glass protective pieces on top of each bulb (which are visible above the ring, although not pictured in the photo), the ring is just under 2 1/2" deep.
4. The power line, which looks black in the photo, is actually a silvery/ color and are semi-transparent.
5. The cables are easily adjustable to different lengths by depressing the little steel nipples on the ceiliing plate. You can cut them with wire cutters. The power cables are not black/white/green to distinguish them. They are marked with tags. If cutting them, you must take care to mark which is which so you can connect them accurately.
My fixture had two loose frosted lenses and it took me some time to unscrew some parts to re-attach them. One was loose because a screw was installed without it's washer at the factory. Overall, though, I am very happy with the fixture. I appreciated that the halogen bulbs were included. Don't touch them with your hands. Use a cloth or cotton gloves.
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate. although the fixture has a texture sort of like fine sandpaper that makes it matte, not shiny or satin-like. Attractive but not what I expected from the photo.
Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is a nice quality fixture.
How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate, and could have included more information.
We're re-doing our kitchen and purchased this large light and the smaller one from the same line. The big one went over the island and the smaller one over the kitchen table (which looked lost there!) We then purchased THIS one as a second "larger" light for over the table and put the smaller (3 bulb version) in the pantry area and the three LOOK GREAT!
Can't go wrong at these prices with the identical items at the lighting store costing MORE THAN FOUR TIMES as much as here at Overstock!
Thank you for your interest. We are currently looking into this. Your answer will be posted within one to two business days.overstockcustomercare1 on Oct 24, 2012
Can this be hung so it is 2 - 3 feet from the ceiling instead of the 59" it says on the description?whitesands3 on Apr 26, 2012Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
After reading the instructions, I do not see it says you cannont, however it does not state you can. I apologize for the inconvenience.overstockcustomercare1 on Apr 30, 2012
The way this hangs you can hang it 2 - 3 feet from the ceiling. Where the cables attach to to the ceiling piece, there are little "nipples" through which the cable passes. They allow you to easily adjust the length of the cables. The actual power cable can also be cut, and you'll have to mark carefully which wire is which before cutting as they are not black and white and green like most U.S. wires, but all look the sames and are labeled with tags.renovatrix on Jun 25, 2013
The ring itself (metal part) is just under 1 3/4" deep, and with the frosted glass on the bottom and the glass protective pieces on top of the bulbs on the top, it's about 2 1/4". You can't see the pieces on the top in the photo on overstock. Important to have them to protect bulbs from touch and dust etc.renovatrix on Jun 25, 2013
Be the first to ask a question about this product.
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
This item cannot be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.
Shop Overstock™ and find the best online deals on everything for your home and your family. We work every day to bring you discounts on new products across our entire store. Whether you're looking for memorable gifts or everyday essentials, you can buy them here for less.