I wanted the very nicest light fixture for our new modern bathroom and thought I found it when I ordered this light. When it arrived I was disappointed to see that it was plastic with a peel and stick on strip instead of the metal strip I had thought it had when I ordered it. Since I had an electrician already on the payroll to install it, I kept it although I knew I had paid far more than it was worth. I regretted that decision a month later when I realized that the heat the light omits causes the stick on metal looking strip to unglue itself and bow out in thecenter because of it. I've have pushed it back in so that it resticks numerous times only to have it bow out again when it heats up. I would never buy this light again.
I had a hard time finding a fixture that was long and narrow and close to the ceiling that would look good in my kitchen, but this one fit the bill. Very nice looking, and doesn't give the look of a regular florescent light fixture. The only negative is that you will have to order replacement bulbs online, most likely, as they don't sell this size in most stores it does come with one set, though, which I didn't know.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This light looks fantastic and is exactly what I was looking for. However, when the box arrived I could tell right away that it had been handled a lot, with multiple layers of tape closing the box. When I opened it I discovered both bulbs broken, the styrofoam packaging broken and not even in place on one end of the fixture, and had the look of being installed by someone already before I got it. I called to exchange it but it was sold out. I really wanted the light so I decided to keep it but had to spend $18 on new bulbs which Overstock wasn't willing to take off the price. I also think they should let you know when a product is used or a return, and discount the price even more. Ultimately I put up with the bad customer service rather than return it because I just hadn't found any other fixture out there that I liked as much.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, but made of acrylic and not glass
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Close, but was expecting glass
The product came with the strip in the middle a little unglued. I had to unscrew it and put a little super glue on it to hold it down, but other than that it was great. I think the design was meant to bow out in the front, but the actual bow was crooked and towards the end. So, I just glued it down entirely, and it looks great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Puts out a lot of light. It really brightens my entire bathroom.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good.