This bed just came late this afternoon. I assembled it almost entirely by myself. I needed a 2nd person only when installing the side rails. It looks beautiful and was easy to put together. In total, it took me about 1 1/2 hours to assemble, but that was mostly by myself. I was concerned when ordering because I didn't have a bed frame. That was not an issue - the bed came with the side rails and four horizonal slats and six legs. As a note, watch the headboard and footboard - they look identical until you take the bubble wrap off each of the spindles. The footboard has decorations on the bottom, the headboard does not. I didn't notice this until after assembled - I did it correctly so got lucky. Also, for a king size bed, the support rails are pre-drilled for the six legs - make sure you watch the location of the leg holes, the slats with two legs go in the center, and the slats with one leg hole are at the head and foot of the bed - the English instructions only show the queen bed, which has four legs. The Spanish section at the back shows the configuration correctly for a king size bed. I had absolutely no issues putting this together (I didn't have to swear one time!). It looks absolutely beautiful and the finish is a bronzy/blacky/brass. I love this bed!!!!
I love this bed!! It looks awesome and in my room. The only "issue" has been that it started to squeak a couple of weeks later. My husband had remove the mattresses and tighted up the screws again. They seem to loosen up on their own or my husband didn't tighten them good enough the first time! Also, there is a gap on the headboard that is to wide and my pillows keep falling back behind the bed. Other than that I like it!
Easy to assemble, done within 2 hours. Use with our Tempupedic mattress as "floating" frame where it not attached to mattress. Only concern was when it shipped, the boxes were damaged, but the frame and parts were fine (sturdy!).
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
Overall I am pleased with the bed, however when it was delivered the box was damaged. One of the metal pieces on the headboard was bent (or actually it is straight instead of being bent like the others) but to me it wasn't bad enough to return the bed. You also need for your mattress & box springs or whatever you use to be extra tall. I am using a memory foam topper to give the bed the extra height it needs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the overall quality of the bed was good. Don't think it is perfect - the bottom rail is too close to the floor which requires that an extra deep mattress or mattress & box spring + a maybe a topper be used to make the bed tall enough.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the height of the bed is less than 6" from the floor. I read this in reviews before I purchased, so it didn't surprise me. So, don't expect to store anything under the bed...
Purchased based on other great reviews and the photo, we were not disappointed! Bed arrived in just two boxes, which made me skeptical on how it would resemble the online picture when complete. Parts / assembly instruction could be a little more descriptive, but I assembled by myself in less than 45 minutes. One suggestion, you may want to use a product like Loc-Tite to ensure bolts stay tight over years of use. Bed is a great value and really updates your bedroom with a quality look! Well worth the money!
This bed is absolutely Gorgeous! (I saved more than half of what another major department store was asking for their sale, by buying through Overstock.com!) The bed is a little large for my undersized master bedroom, but a LOT better looking than a solid wood bed. My husband and I put it together with no trouble, took about an hour and a half. BE CAREFUL, we thought the hardware was missing, but found each bundle wrapped securely in a plastic bag wrapped in cardboard, one bundle per container, almost threw it out! Once it was together, it looked soooo AWESOME! I had to wait another 3 days for my new mattess set to be delivered, couldn't wait to sleep in it! My husband and I are large people, were sleeping in a Queen size bed, if he turned, I had to turn as well! Sooo, our new KING bed is wonderful, we almost lost eachother a couple times because we weren't touching! The bed is just BEAUTIFUL and goes VERY WELL with my Mahoganey dresser. LOVE IT!
I love this bed! Despite waiting for two shipments for the bed to arrive and NO INSTRUCTIONS I was pleased with my purchase. It took a little longer to put together since we had no instructions but still very easy to figure out. After reading other reviews I was concerned the bed might squeak, but after a month I still have no problems. The frame is beautiful! There is a large gap between the headboard and the wall so the pillows sometimes fall behind but not the end of the world! I would highly recommend this bed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
We love the bed overall. Very nice dark bronze color and beautiful design. The only negatives are about the same as I read in previous reviews. A couple of the leg supports under the bed came loose and I had to re-tighten. So far, other areas seem fine. The bed is also a little lighter than I would prefer. Even with castors, it slides on our laminate floor pretty easily. We are pretty happy so far! It was a great value and it is beautiful, so I hate to complain!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good overall. Somewhat lighter than I prefer.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I ordered this bedframe and received it within two days! Good packing (in two boxes) and no real issues with anything, there were a few small spots on the finish which I think were from the manufacturing process and not visible from the front. The assembly took the two of us about 15-20 minutes and was pretty straight forward. It's a sturdy bedframe, with no wobbling or creaking, although we have it on carpet (it's a king and came with 6 center supports so no sagging!). I can see how some people in the reviews talk about their pillows slipping towards the back as there's a void between the mattress and the lowest rung on the headboard but we use two pillows apiece and haven't had that problem. The color is exactly what I saw on my monitor, a nice deep, dark bronze--I would compare it to oil rubbed bronze plumbing fixtures. The details present on the bed--the feet on the foot of the frame and the spiral details just make the bed, very nice and stylish for a metal bed and it has substance to it. It goes nice with my wood bedroom furniture which is a medium cherry and would think it would blend well with just about anything. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase, I was looking at another name brand metal bedframe-- headboard only--for twice what I paid at Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Identical
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
I have been looking for this bed for sometime and my friend said to try Overstock.com. I am very please with the bed, and the price, but the way they shipped it was undesireable by UPS. The very large 2 part package was damaged on the outside of the box. UPS stated that they would not have left the box if I wasn't home and that Overstock should find some other way to deliver large items. The contents was not damaged, even though I have not set the bed up as of now. It will be going up into our new Master Suite and then I will comment again on how I like the bed.
This is our first king sized bed and the style definitely makes a statement. The compliments keep coming from visitors to our new home. I put the bed together with minor help from my husband. He's very mechanical and seemed to think the bed was sturdy and well worth the price. I used lighter linens to balance the rich dark color of the metal. The headboard is a sleigh so you need to use more pillows behind the one you sleep with or it will have a tendency to fall into the space behind your bed since the headboard cant be pushed flush against the wall. Other than this minor issue, the bed is perfect.
I was thrilled with this bed! I had looked at all the furniture stores and could not find a metal bed that was not cheesy looking. This bed is classy looking and, as a king bed, does not overwhelm my bedroom! I put it together all by myself. The directions as well as some hints from previous reviewers made it pretty simple.
Got this bed for my new Serta pillow top mattress set. Perfect size. Metal color perfectly matches the hardware on my bedroom furniture. I had been wanting a metal bed and the price on this one was perfect - especially with the weekend extra discount. Only problem we had was both bed rail brackets were bent on one side. My husband straightened them with a pair of channel lock pliers. Now if he can bend steel rails with just a pair of pliers, I'm wondering how long this bed will hold up. But at the price even if it only lasts a couple of years I'm good.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good. Average for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good.
The bed went together very simply. Was a little deeper than we thought it would be as we were not going to use a box spring, it is a frame that NEEDS a box spring. It seems to be quite sturdy and supports the mattress well. Has good weight to it which I like. Would highly reccommend as it is one I intend to have for quite a few years.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was nearly a perfect match from computer screen to actual frame
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Bed seems to be very sturdy, was very easy to put together (works way better with two people)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
First, thanks to all the reviewers who gave tips on assembly! I am a 57-year-old woman who is not particularly handy, and I assembled this almost completely myself. I had to wait for my boyfriend to arrive to finally align the bedrails with the foot and headboards, so that we could really tighten the bolts well. But I was able to do everything else myself. Note to other know-nothings, the "countersink" screws are the ones that have a concave (dipping inwards) top -- once I figured that out, I knew which screws to use where. I propped the rails on a box to get them level with the holes on the headboard and footboard.... also covered the headboard with a blanket so I didn't dent our wallpaint or its finish. The bed is gorgeous -- just right for our 16x20 master bedroom. A previous reviewer says it's big and it is -- I would not want this in a smaller room. It arrived in perfect condition and well-packed in the boxes. Solid, unusual design, a real standout bed!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid, well-made bed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
After searching for a couple months, I decided to get this bed frame. I'm happy with my purch besides the fact that it is just a hair too short for my "under the bed storage totes" to fit. Therefore, I had to stack them in the closet and take up room in there. Nothing that I had under my previous bed will fit under this frame. Due to the fancy design, I have not been sucessful at finding any product to raise the bed just and inch that wouldn't look cheap or tacky. But overall, I am happy with the sturdiness and the look of this frame.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just as expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a sturdy bedframe and goes quite nice with my previous furniture!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Just as described.
This is a very nice bed at a great price. I am very happy with my purchase. It was very easy to put together and is sturdy. It looks great too and is a nice addition to my bedroom. I think it will work with a wide variety of furniture, which is a plus for me because I plan to upgrade the rest of my bedroom furniture soon. As a side note, the first bed I received was destroyed in transit. Packaging was decent but somehow the carrier bent several of the rails. Overstock took care of it right away by sending me a replacement.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well engineered and built
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
This is a great bed for the price. It is easy to put together and very sturdy. Our five year old climbs, bounces and jumps all over. Not squeaks or wobbles. It is a great style as well. A very nice updated version of the old iron beds.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate