Product failed after a few uses. Called Larin and was told that the unit was designed as a lift and release device. In essence it is not set up as a floor jack, and must be used to raise the vehicle and block or jack stand the vehicle. If you don't the weak collar in the main cylinder will fail and cause the jack to come down unexpectedly. Just imagine if you are under the car replacing an oil filter. You get lured in by the rugged appearance of the unit but being unaware of the dangerous flaw could lead to being crushed. There is no fix for the unit once this happens, since it is out of production and they have made a poor business decision to clear all spare parts. Look for a real floor jack and stay away from this deathtrap.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appearance says quality, but design flaw will lead to dangerous consequences, possibly death if not used properly. Proper use is to not use.
Jacks are sort of a crap shoot these days. You typically get what you pay for. When it comes to safety, one shouldn't skimp. Cheap jacks can damage your property or worse- yourself. That said, some top quality jacks are crazy expensive. This jack is an excellent compromise in quality vs. cost. I use this jack around my personal home garage and also away from home at the racetrack for my ~2500 lb sportscar. It is PERFECTLY suited for that duty. Sturdy enough to handle heavy loads and work properly. Light enough to be able to load it into a vehicle for travel and move it around on not perfectly smooth surfaces The low profile nose works great and can get under low vehicles.. I also wanted a jack with two separate front wheels for good support and roll-ability. Not like those cheap alloy jacks with the single "rolling pin" type front wheel. The twin cylinder pumps do a great job of lifting the saddle quickly and raising a load quickly w/out having to pump a bunch of times. Jack is plenty sturdy in my opinion because it is a combination of heavy gauge steel and aluminum alloy. But it's not overly heavy, which is great. I was looking for a solid jack that can handle hard work, but is not hundreds of pounds. This jack meets that goal well. I'm not saying it's lightweight. But it is a manageable weight if you have to pick it up and load it into a car or trailer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good description
I'm a 21 year old DIY home mechanic. I've got enough experience to know what I want in a floor jack and so far this is a great jack. Reaches very low and lifts pretty high. AND it looks beautiful doing it. I would definitely recommend this jack to all my mechanic friends.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The finish of the jack was exactly as I expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Having only had the jack for a few weeks and had it only used it to lift my >2ton car to remove the engine it seems to be holding up great. I will follow up with a review in a few months.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The jack lifts exactly as expected and it even fits under my lowered Infiniti. As far as I know the product description has been spot on.