This Aluminum Thermometer/Lighted Umbrella adds a touch of versatile style to your next gathering--day or night.Enjoy your time outdoors with this polyester canvas umbrella from Tropishade. This umbrella features amber-colored lights for evening use and an analog thermometer to keep track of the temperature. The crank lift adjustment system and the three-position push-button tilt allows you to adjust thee umbrella to satisfy your current needs. Choose from a variety of colors to match your outdoor decor.
Constructed of a sturdy aluminum pole with a cocoa finish
Easy-to-clean polyester canvas umbrella
Umbrella available in your choice of a Black, Green, Taupe, Red, Navy, Cocoa Brown, or Natural Canvas color options
Amber colored lights
Continuous, chase, alternating, and random LED patterns
Approximately 10,000 light hours
18.5-foot power cord
Commercial-grade crank lift adjustment system
6 Aluminum Rib Design
3-Position Push-Buttom Tilt
Umbrella: 92 inches high x 9 feet in diameter (open)
Pole: 1.5 inches in diameter
Crank: 40" high from the base
Please open the box following the instructions on the box. If followed correctly, the adapter should be the first thing you find in the box. For optimum performance, use a dedicated 20 AMP 110 Volt outlet. Umbrella base not included.
This umbrella is a good product. The thermometer, clock and lights are a real bonus. We have used this umbrella every day. Tilt function is great, and it is easy to get opened and closed. During the evenings, the lights are a warm illumination rather than a bright garish light. Not exactly crazy about the random and blinking functions of lights, however the steady light function is great. Very pleased with product.
I've enjoyed this umbrella since the day it was delivered. The thermometer is nice, although naturally reads higher when directly in the sun. The lighting system is spectacular and even my teenage daughter really enjoys it! The clock is great, as I often don't wear a watch at home, and lose track of time when sitting out on the patio. It is actually wider than our previous umbrella, which was an expensive one, yet the mechanism is much smoother to operate. I would definitely buy another one like it, and recommend it to others.
We got the green one and within one week, the thermometer and clock went blank. Within another week, the lights stopped working, too. The umbrella is a cheesy nylon that is way too thin and flimsy, and the color green is more of an emerald green, and it's worth your life to make any of todays loden greens look good with it.
I read the reviews and felt good about buying it, but it has been a waste of money and a real disappointment, to say the least. I guess I will have to start over this Spring.
Let's talk about the positive attributes first:
1) VERY affordable - best bang for your buck.
2) I never thought I would care to have a clock or thermometer on my umbrella - but my friends and family have REALLY enjoyed this feature. Also, the instructions that came with the electronics for the umbrella are actually VERY useful and are in easy to understand English!!! (I hate to use instructions)
3) I have always had wood umbrella poles - and these are metal. At first, I wasn't thrilled - but they really stand up to the unexpected wind gusts much better than the wood counterparts (which have snapped on previous umbrellas I have owned)...
4) Thus far, the crank mechanism works very well.
Now for the less than perfect attributes:
1) The green umbrella material is quite shiny. I wasn't expecting them to have a polyester luster (not a good thing). It's not a deal breaker... but you should know that the green is a very vivid green (more like a Green Crayola crayon, than the "forest" green I was expecting).
2) The LED lights aren't glued into the frame -- so each time, a few shift and move out of place (easy remedy - a glue stick). Also, they are very YELLOW - I don't know why I expected them to be a white or soft yellow that glowed white - but they are YELLOW and they glow YELLOW (everyone looks a bit jaundice). The mode where they flash randomly is, as others have mentioned, annoying - and to be avoided at all cost (I'm imagining my guests having seizues!!!) -- but when they are on solid - they provide good light. Another thing about the LED lights -- I wish that they were operating off of a battery pack (why not? the temperature and LED controls run off a battery???). In order to use them - you have to run a cord out to the table (good design, however, the connection is made under the table but above the umbrella stand). I have a toddler, and I don't like the trip hazard to the table. Also, if your guests are drinking...................... same problem. In the end, I use the umbrella without the lights.
1) I have not operating the tilting mechanism, as I have no need for it. Could be great, could be a problem... I just don't know.
2) I haven't tried to clean off the fabric, either - so I don't know how well that works.
Hope that helps. All in all, however, I am VERY pleased with this purchase.
I recieved this in 4 days. Recieved it today and put it up right away. So easy to put up and beautiful lights. I only like it on steady light. Not crazy about the blinking lights. Very pretty!! If you purchase this, you will not regret it at all. Hopefully it wont attract bugs, since the lights are so soft looking.
I have two of these umbrellas and they are fantastic! Cranks up and down very easily. The lights are great, not very bright just enough so you can see the table and people around it in a soft dim glow. The tilt feature works great. I also like having a thermometer. Highly recommend!
I've had this for a year now, and while it has held up through one summer (it was taken inside for the winter) and doesn't really show signs of wear yet, I can't really recommend the product for one simple reason. The built in lights turn themselves off really quickly. So first you have to hook up an electric adapter to it, which I have on the deck so no big deal, but then you have to hit the power and cycle through a few different modes where the lights flash, again not a really big deal, finally you get to the setting where the lights are just on solid. It's nice to have at night when a soft light is all you're looking for. The problem is after just a few minutes (I'm talking like 10 minutes or less) they just turn themselves off, which ruins the feature for me.
I was happy with the umbrella until a week after having it, the lights stopped working completely. This is one of the reasons that I chose this particular umbrella. I would like a partial refund at least but there seems to be no way to contact the company or manufacturer directly. I am very unhappy with the poor quality.
How high is the pole from the bottom to the crank? We have a bar height table, so the pole needs to be a little longer so that the crank clears the table.jbarton72 on Jun 19, 2013Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
The Crank: 40" high from the base.
Thank you for shopping with us! overstockcustomercare1 on Jun 24, 2013
I don't know exactly but it is very light as compared to traditional umbrella. I would say maybe 40 lbs. we just leave it in the table hole.clenat373 on Jun 14, 2013
Hello elirpa, we show a shipping weight of less than 15 pounds for this umbrella. We offer a variety of bases that would work well with this umbrella. You can view our selection using the link below, thank you for shopping with us. overstockcustomercare1 on Jun 17, 2013
What is the voltage of this product? I purchased one a couple of years ago. The power cord was drowned in hurricane sandy. I need to replace it but I don't know the voltage.fitforever on Jun 1, 2013Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
Thank you for contacting us fitforever. This item is wired for use with a 120 volt outlet. Please let us know if you have any further questions.overstockcustomercare1 on Jun 8, 2013
Shop Overstock.com and find the best online deals on everything for your home and your family. We work every day to bring you discounts on new products across our entire store. Whether you're looking for memorable gifts or everyday essentials, you can buy them here for less. O.com Prices™