This is a very comfortable mattress. It's on a futon with wood slats and I cannot feel them at all. After unpacking and put on the frame I promptly fell asleep on it.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Great
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
After trolling around the internet and looking at local futon shops, I finally bought the Burgandy version of this mattress from Overstock. Since it will be used in the lower bunk on my daughter's convertible futon, we needed a non-innerspring mattress that could easily convert to a couch without issue. After two sleep-overs, the report has been that the mattress is decidedly comfortable for overnight guests. It came well packaged, but still has a bit of a "new futon" smell to it that will not be missed once it has totally disappeared. Could not find better value for the money. Very pleased with the purchase.
A great mattress for the price. 100 times more comfortable than our previous futon mattress. It does have a slight odor when it first comes out of the packaging, but it really isn't that noticeable. I'd reccommend allowing the mattress to air out and expand for at least a day. I didn't measure the exact thickness, but it is probably around 8 inches. Overall, it is very comfortable and the price was right.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, seems to be very well made
perfect for my kids, well constructed. being pretty much the cheapest full size mattress i could find i wasn't sure what to expect, but i am very impressed with it. i opened the package and within 20 min the mattress was a full eight inches. medium to firm. could not believe how fast it arrived. it was here three days after i ordered it. amazing.
Ordered this mattress because I sleep on my back and need a firm mattress. As the description states --- this mattress is mostly stuffed with cotton with some foam pads in between. It gives a firm support (no sinking etc) even if you share the bed with someone. I have it on a platform bed with slats and it works fine for the past 1 year. If you sleep on your side this mattress is not for you. You will end up with a back ache.
We were excited to read about the apparent thickness of this futon mattress, as my son was looking for a good one to have in his college apartment in case friends or brothers wanted to sleep over some nights. There is NO WAY I would want to sleep on this mattress. Even sitting on it is uncomfortable - you can feel the bars of the futon right through it. Disappointed!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I looked for a futon locally and couldn't find the right quality at the right price. On a whim, I checked O.com and selected a simple futon for use as a couch and bed, when necessary. It arrived quickly, and when I opened it, it was the right size and thickness for my futon frame. I let it sit out flat for a couple of days and then placed it in the position for use as a couch. The material feels sturdy, and the thickness is comfortable as a couch (I haven't used it as a bed yet). I'm very satisfied with my purchase and will purchase again from O.com.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? What I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, solid futon
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I am not sure it's 8 inches, but it is the right thickness
Solid, comfortable, fits perfectly on my frame. Holds onto the "new" smell for quite awhile. I'd recommend thisto anyone looking to buy a futon mattress!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
Very firm, nice quality cotton futon mattress. Color (hunter green) slightly darker than picture. I have been sleeping on this futon mattress on the floor for three weeks now. It is very comfortable ( I like a firm sleep surface), and shows no sign of compression where I sleep. It is durable and should suit my need for an inexpensive sleeping surface during my year of training. It is firm enough that it would do well as a sofa. I did not notice much off odor when I unwrapped the mattress on arrival. It aired quickly, and had no odor within a day of opening. Due to my circumstances, I opened it in the evening just before bed time, and had no difficulty sleeping on it due to odor on the first night.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? hunter green slightly darker than picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. escellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
We have been using it as a mattress on a platform bed for the past week, topped with a feather bed. It is very comfortable to sleep on and a great deal at the price. It did have an odor when first opened so we aired it out a couple of days before using.
i received this matress three days ago, and although it is incredibly comfortable, i'm not sure i'd recommend getting it, because it has a terribly strong smell to it. It really is giving me a headache, and I'm just hoping this smell goes away soon or I will be returning it. Sorry to report this, because it is a really comfortable matress and a great price.....
This futon mattress had one good thing which is that it is pretty thick so pretty comfortable to sit or lay on. What I didn't like was there were some areas where the stitching seemed to be loose. Also the mattress has a weird smell so the room smells a little funny. Going to try and clean it with a fabric cleaner or spray with febreeze.