This futon is more than I expected. It is thicker than those I've seen in town. I wanted cotton filling and thicker than 3-4 inches and that's what I got. I'm using it as a topper on an air mattress. It works very well for that purpose. Many reviews indicate that the futon would compress and be hard. Since in my situation, even if it compresses, I can control the firmness by the air pressure, I still get a comfortable bed. This serve me very well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is on the site is just like the product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Discription is fine.
I gave this a very low rating because it was advertised as a hard futon. It is lumpy, and quite uncomfortable after sleeping on it for a couple of days. I get a back ache every night since I put it on my bed. I would return it if I had a box big enough to hold it, since the box it came in was splitting when it was delivered.
We in India use these kind of Cotton Mattress for Centuries and still this is way better than Memory Foam or Spring or any Other Mattress I was told by most of my teammates problems they face like back pain due to show off American mattress and they sink as well . So IF you want to get rid of all back problems opt for it and order Burgundy Color its awesome and doesnt gets dirty easily like white.
Not had a cotton mattress since I was young, I was very worried it would be cheap and under stuffed, this mattress is great, plenty of cotton stuffing, heavy cotton cover, I'm very pleased, as is my back, sleeping like an ole fat baby,,
We got this futon to replace an aging standard queen size mattress at a time when I would have been happy with another standard mattress, but he prefers firmer mattresses. Now half-way through the six week breaking in period, I'm finding this much firmer futon surprisingly comfortable. We did add a mattress liner with some small amount of loft, and we've been flipping the futon over weekly, and certainly these little things make a difference, too. I'm looking forward to this futon being fully broken in, but frankly I've adjusted to it quite well--and it is a lot firmer than the Serta perfect sleeper mattress I'd enjoyed for decades. This futon is well-constructed and looks gorgeous like it is. You won't be embarrassed for people to see it in its natural state, and the material covering it is both elegant and sturdy. It's not too heavy for me to flip it over each week, though it may present a problem for people of small stature or moderate strength (I'm tall and athletic). This is a great choice if you're looking for a firmer mattress made from good material, and it's a thicker, nicer futon than most available on the market today. An excellent deal!
ARRIVED IN A GREAT CONDITION. WAS HEAVY AS EXPECTED. COVRED WITH A DECORATIVE FUTON COVER AND PLACED IT ON FUTON. WE HAVE A TRI FOLD FUTON AND THE MATTRESS WAS A PERFECT FIT. IT WILL GRADUALLY RELAX TO THE SHAPE OF THE FUTON. VERY COMFORTABLE AND SOLID. HAD A GOOD SELECTIONS OF SIZES BOTH WIDTH AND THICKNESS.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? HAVE A DECORATIVE FUTON COVER SO ORIGINAL COVER DIDN'T MATTER
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. SEEMS WELL MADE - ONLY TIME WILL TELL
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? RIGHT ON TARGET
It is a good futon-I expected a little more thickness and was surprised at its' depth.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. pretty good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty good
I bought it as i was looking for some stiff support, and i found it really as desired ... good for money i spent ,,
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. best as desired
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? best
Futon arrived in good order and was stuffed with actual cotton as advertised, but was under-stuffed. Rather than holding 6" - 8" of compressed cotton, the futon measured an average of 5" right out of the box. My futon cover--which fit snugly over my previous 8" futon--looks baggy on this futon and I can plainly feel the slats of my futon frame underneath. This wasn't the most expensive futon for its size... but it certainly wasn't the cheapest, either.