I've been pressure cooking for 30+ years, bought my first Mirro in college. First-some fool on here gave this cooker one star because it's Chinese-made. Guess what! No Presto, Mirro, Wearever, or any other brands are made in this country anymore. So what are we to do? Buy $200+ Euro products simply because of their country of origin? It's still foreign. That said, this Presto is a fine pot. It's heavily constructed with a substantial stainless-aluminum disc on the bottom; set the dial for no pressure and it can happily be used as a pot on the stove. Unlike my older 'jiggler' type cookers, this unit simply locks and emits a slight hiss during pressure cooking. In fact, if, like me, you're used to the 'jiggler' canners and cookers, this one will have you glancing over to the stove! I've cooked in it dozens of times now, both pressured and conventional, and have been nothing but satisfied. In fact, I got rid of my s.s. pot that was the same size, as this does dual duty. I'm all for supporting American jobs, but in a case like this where are are no domestic alternatives, just bite the bullet, enjoy the fine construction, and get on with your cooking.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Finally found what we were looking for in a Stainless steel pressure cooker and at the right price. All our local stores are selling aluminum pressure cookers for the same price as the stainless steel cooker I purchased from overstock.com. It works great and I'm going to make Overstock.com my first choice when shopping.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? N/A
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very satisfied, this stainless steel cooker is priced almost double in local stores
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? dead on accurate
Item said in big letters Made in the USA, it was not. Its made in china. I returned for a full refund. Samething happen with another item on Overstock. I will shop with a more honest web store in the future.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Made in China