Ok, I was very impressed with the swift delivery of this product. I ordered 2 (other) outdoor benches and then 2 days later ordered two of these...I received these last Wed and the first ordered set, today!! Very, very impressed!!! On to the product itself - - appears to be well made, not heavy at all, surprisingly but not in a bad way. It appears to be solid but the wood itself is on the lighter side. It says weathered "grey" bench and although I read the other reviews, I went ahead and ordered 2 and hoped that mine would be on the grey side, but it is not. Very textural piece in terms of color but to the touch, it is smooth despite the wood graining; will not have any problem with splinter or anything like that. It's a very attractive modern looking piece, straight lines, which I like a lot. The best part? It came in 1 piece, no assembly required. The picture above looks to be reddish with dark grains, IRL it's light colored wood with black grains. The finish product is a beautiful piece. I would have given it 5 stars if the color is as described. All in all, very happy with the purchase and I can't wait to get my black/brown long table, the same lines as with this bench. I will put these on each side and regular upholstered chairs on each end.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? NOT Grey At All!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appears to be of good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate except for the color
My husband and I are so pleased with this bench! We wanted something different for our long, dark brown IKEA table ("Bjursta"), so we placed the it on one side and flanked the other sides with parson chairs. The look is amazing - a rustic finish with contemporary lines so as not to appear too fussy. The bench came fully assembled (very pleasant surprise) and passed the function test with flying colors at our Halloween party. It easily accommodates three adults and feels solid as a rock. I was surprised to read another reviewer's mention of splinters, because I can run my hand back and forth along the entire length without any roughness. It's weathered, yes, but the grooves are smoothly sanded and sealed. The only downside I imagine is that it probably wouldn't be comfortable to sit on for hours on end. I suppose one could fashion a custom cushion, but it would be a shame to cover up the beautiful surface. ;) In any case, the function and style can't be beat at this price. If there were a 3 to 4 foot version, I'd probably buy that too!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is accurate to the photos (brown, not grey)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description states that the bench is grey, but it is definitely brown as pictured.
this bench is very narrow so gettign a cushion would be hard and it might look weird. So check the dimnsions. Otherwise a nice product. Comes in a huge box so plus that no assembly reqd./ minus that packaging was not sustainably done.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? more natural wood than weathered
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good - strong joints /edges finished smoothly/ stable and level
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Well packaged, no assembly required, and suitable for a number of purposes in my home, both decorative and functional. Generally, I'm satisfied with this, but this is where the product is not what I expected: 1. There is a lot of texture to the bench. You can feel the grain and I'd be nervous to sit on it wearing a fine fabric. 2. I expected a cleaner, modern, monolithic look. At the inside corners (juncture between the horizontal plank that you'd sit on and the legs), there's an extra wood support piece stuck in that's used to attach everything together. Even going back now to look for it, it's pretty hard to see this in any of the pictures. A nice peice of furniture would have connected the legs and bench together without adding another block of wood that ruins the clean look. 3. In the photos, the grain looks tight enough that the dark grain color would read over the lighter color. That's the not the case with my bench. 4. The bench wobbles when sitting on a smooth and level surface. Although the bench was not what I expected, I've found a use for it and seems to be holding up fine after a few months of use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? In the actual product, the wood is lighter and the grain is more pronounced. The grain on my bench isn't nearly as tight as the grain in the close up picture that's currently posted.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Doesn't sit flat on hardwood floor, but sits fine on a rug
This bench has clean lines yet has a rustic look. It can be used in several places!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The bench picture is pretty good... it was what I expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. clean lines and simple
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Received this bench today, In the write up it says its a gray-brown reclaimed finished look and metal hardware finish accents, mine arrived a orange brown color that I really had to check if it was real wood, it looked and felt like plastic.Its put together with wood pieces and glue, no metal hardware to be found. Its definitely real wood, as to remedy the situation I got out my sander and took the finish off and stained it with a stain called reclaimed wood, we also screwed in the wood pieces to make the bench more sturdy. So unless you want to take the time to sand, stain and purchase hardware I'd stay away from this bench. Item arrived fast and it was packed nicely!!! The contents of the box is what I didn't like. would have returned it, but shipping it back would have been pretty pricey I'm sure.
The bench is beautifully simple. Clean lines.. We are excited to have another place to hide shoes. The bench is not too wide but nice and long .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exactly as described in other reviews. Not perfectly smooth but it is reclaimed wood.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I received the bench about 6 days after I ordered it, and it was exactly as I imagined it. I read previous reviews about the color and quality, and so I expected the bench to be brownish/black and was not disappointed. I needed a narrow bench near my garage entry, and this fitted perfectly in that space. I was concerned that my husband would not like the bench, but he seemed pleasantly pleased. Great first experience with Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I read some previous reviews and so I did not expect the bench to be gray, but brownish/black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy and durable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Aside from the color, the description of the bench was on target!
This bench is perfect and completes our entry way decor. It is clean and simple. We love it. We've had it for a couple of months now. It is perfect to put shoes under and to sit on while removing/putting on shoes. It's shallow so doesn't take up a lot of space. Came in one piece - no assembly required.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate. the picture doesn't look grey, and it isn't grey in person either.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This bench is the right size for our mudroom and is solidly constructed. However, it is not grey or weathered, but rather a natural wood with a bit of black paint rubbed into the grain, no grey to speak of.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. solid and well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? colour description was not accurate
This is perfect to park handbags, umbrellas, etc on and shoes underneath. It works great with a coat rack above. Its a rather narrow bench so I wouldnt recommend it for seating, although it is sturdy. Mine has been subjected to lots of wet/dirty items and always cleans up well.
Do you remember the standup piano your elementary teacher played? THAT is the color of this bench. HONEY OAK. There is no "brown" there is no "grey". UGH. I would NOT have ordered it had I known this. In addition, although I understand it is my responsibility to check the specs, I was more concerned with the length of this piece, and totally neglected the width. It is more of a "plank" than a bench. I am extremely disappointed.