In addition to the bracket sagging in the middle when spanning a 60 inch window, you cannot use a center bracket for a cafe curtain. This rod is represented as a 52-90 inch tension rod, however it will not hold up even with short, very light weight curtains. Also the large ends do not allow you to position the rod to the top of the window thus leaving a large unattractive gap. This tension rod does not hold up particularly compared to a shower curtain wide over a span greater than 60 inches.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same color, white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is inferior, does not perform as stated
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Inaccurate.
I am disappointed in this rod. It feels flimsy and I am concerned once I hang my heavier curtain on it it may bend; my space is six feet. The rubber at the end of the rods is black and rubs off on the frame work; it will wash off however once you get your rod in place. I am sorry I bought this item and do not recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good, it is white.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor, flimsy metal and rubber at the ends rubs off on the door frame.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? average
I bought these curtain rods to hang on the ceiling over skylights. I bought insulated curtains and used these rods to hang them up. They work perfectly, the curtains stay up and the rods have not slipped. My husband hung the rods and made sure they were tightly in place. The space where we hung them is over seven feet long and we did NOT screw into the walls (just spring rod tension mounted) - still hanging! I definitely recommend this rod.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
We just installed new windows in our home and did not want to drill holes into the new woodwork to hang our old rod. We needed a spring loaded rod to fit an 84" long window. Others we tried were ugly and chincy, they sagged in the middle with the weight of the curtain. This rod is perfect. It is sturdy, has one small center support to prevent sag and does so well. I liked that it came in different colors and it looks nice in the living room. I did not have to get new hooks for the curtains and the rod is holding fairly heavy curtains without sagging. I would highly recommend this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy, better than expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Rod is good quality, and sturdy. I installed it in an opening of about 72 inches, for a short valence, and did not use the center support provided. It is solid with no visible sag over that large opening. I like the fact that it can be screw-mounted if desired, but it's not needed.
I'm using this to hold curtains in front of my closet as we wait to get closet doors. Very easy to set up and holds up in the double closet door space I need it. I didn't use the holder in the middle since it's temporary and the rod doesn't seem to waiver with the daily opening (for the last few weeks) and closing of the curtains. My only complaint is that when putting up the rod, if you don't have it in the exact place you want it and you move it, the rubber ends will streak onto your white painted wood. Streaks will come off using a magic eraser.
Love these curtain rods. We have three 60" wide windows which require inside-mount rods and we didn't want to have to screw anything into the walls/ceiling. These rods from Overstock are perfect! We bought the pewter color, it's very pretty. We don't need the center support because the curtains are so lightweight, but the support is very attractive and we wouldn't mind using it if it were necessary. I'm surprised by prior reviews stating that the metal is flimsy, at least for the pewter color the rods are very firm and stable. I definitely recommend these rods and might buy more for our other rooms.
I looked all over for a ceiling mounted rod and was happy to find it at Overstock! I chose the bronze color, and it is true to what is shown online. The price was the best I found for a rod of this quality with the dual installation options (tension and/or screw mount) it offers.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I was hoping for tension rods that were strong enough to use on their own, without the included screws. The curtains are very light and gauzy, so I can't speak for heavier-duty ones, but these rods work perfectly and hold well - and look great!