I looked at many chandeliers on this website, and I purchased this one because it did not say it took candelabra bulbs and I was looking for a light that would really light up the room. I thought that I would be able to put regular bulbs into this fixture and that is why I purchased it. It looks nice in the room, but now that I am only realizing I need candelabra bulbs after someone already hung it for me, I guess I am stuck with it - would have liked more light! That being said, my only hesitation when buying it was the wire in the middle, and that proved to be no problem because there is a plastic tie which you can use to make it look straightened out down the center by tying it to the metal bar under the center bulb.
I love the chandelier in my breakfast nook. It hangs over a sleek glass table and looks very modern. The only two issues I have with the light (both of which are mitigated by the excellent price) are: 1. The lamp shade looks white during the day (in sunlight), but looks quite yellow at night when the light is turned on. I am using LEDs in the light, so it is not the bulb. The shade has slightly sloppy assembly, but most guests will probably not notice. 2. Be careful purchasing this chandelier if you have high ceilings. It can only be extended so far and then you are out of wire. It hangs a bit too high in our kitchen, but I am ignoring that fact because I like the chandelier very much.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The shade looks white during the day and when the light is not turned on, but looks quite yellow at night.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The lamp shade could be glued a bit better, but is adequate considering the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This fixture arrived with wires pre-installed. Otherwise, this would require two experts to be able to set the wires so the fixture would rest level. So the good news is that this fixture is easily installed by homeowners. However, measure your space to be sure you'll be happy with the height of the fixture. I have 9" ceilings, so this fixture is a bit high over the dining room table. However, we want a large light spill (the area bathed in light) so we can read and use iPad at the table so this works for us. If only a dining room, I'd want to hang this several inches lower.
This light is over my very modern dining set and brings a little sparkle to the whole room without being grandmas chandelier. You could change the hanging glass droplets to crystals, too. excellent update, very reasonable
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Such a fantastic fixture! It looks like a million bucks over my table and really dresses up my dining room without going too far over the top. The crystals look terrific dangling beneath the gleaming white shade. I had it installed by a professional electrician and he claimed it was a bit tricky and it took him an hour to install. Highly recommend that you get a dimmer so you can adjust the amount of light to fit the mood. I've gotten lots of compliments on it and people are shocked when I reveal the low price. really happy with this purchase.
This is a product that I mulled over a while. Our home came with a builders grade chandelier and while it suits the room we just didn't feel that it gave it that wow factor. This chandelier looks AMAZING. like the other product that I've purchased on overstock my husband and i really paid attention to the reviews. They're pretty accurate. it's a beautiful piece. the negative things that i read online seem to have been either addressed or was customer specific. 1:we read that The shade can look a little yellow with the lights on but we found that changing to the LED lights resolves that . 2: we read that the hanging crystals were acryllic but ours are actually glass and they gave us PLENTY of extra pieces and little gloves to polish them. (nice touch) 3: we also read that the chandelier didn't hang low enough in rooms with high ceilings....ours are 13 feet and the level is perfect. 4: the last thing we read (and this was SO TRUE) was that the instructions were AWFUL. they're almost non-exsistent. i'm not sure if we didn't get the instructions put in the box or if they just figured we knew what we were doing. My dad installed it for us and luckily he's pretty handy but if it weren't for him we definitely would have had to hire someone. that is actually our only complaint everything else is just lovely
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
The instructions are terrible. Ok, with that said, the chandelier is beautiful. The hanging crystals are plastic but look fantastic. No one can tell the difference. I loved the look of this chandelier on the website, and love it even more over my dining room table. I did not install all 6 crystals per light, and instead only 4. I plan to use the extras on the nearby foyer chandelier to tie them together... One thing to note: The four cables that hold the chandelier to the mounting bracket are attached a little strangely. They are almost like zip-ties in that when you pull the cable through the mounting bracket, it's a one-way street. It cannot be undone. My advice: Gradually tug at each cable until they're even. This does take a little time but at least your chandelier won't be flush with the ceiling by the time you're done. I stared at this chandelier online for almost a year before finally purchasing, and I'm SO glad I finally did. I am not lying when I say that every single person that has entered our home since, has commented on it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good. You get what you pay for ;)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This light fixture really adds to our dining room. The prior reviews regarding coloring is accurate (white by day, yellowish by night/light). The quality is very good but you get what you pay for. Again, prior reviews are spot on when it talks about how the cover could be put together a little better. But overall it's a good value for the money. This was my first purchase with Overstock and overall I was pleased. The light arrived with defects and they made the return process easy. I do recommend thoroughly checking your light fixture. Packaging was excellent but the defective appeared to be existing and not from package. It would have been noticeable once mounted and lit-up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? matched description
I luv my chandelier. My husband did not like that the metal part where you hang the crystals (because it looks a bit traditional) but the crystals make it look quite nice. Be aware of a few things: 1. The metal plate in your house has to be angled in the correct position for this chandelier. Mine was not aligned on my island, so I had to move it to make it work for me (the metal that comes with it is not adjustable). That was the hardest part of the whole installation. After I fixed that (which was a bit hard), then I was totally satisfied. 2. The instructions are not the best but you just have to follow the picture and your instincts. I was worry at first but it was actually quite easy to put in place (I did it all on my own and I am only 5feet 2 inches tall...obviously, I used a ladder). 3. I was worry that the crystals could break and then I will not be able to replace them. They actually send extra (I had like a whole set of 5 or so extras). Very nice to have just in case! 4. Lastly, the wire in the middle it is not aligned. You can get it tighter than in the picture, but it will certainly have an angle to it. It does not bother me at all since it looks nice the way it is. Other than that...I think it is totally worth the price!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is what I was expecting
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far, I have had no problems with the quality
There is a metal piece that holds the crystals. It looks like a cupcake tin that is spliced to look like a blooming flower that holds six crystals on each petal. You can see it if you look really closely in the picture but it's not obvious. It is absolutely hideous. I unscrewed the five tin holders and used clear fishing line to drape the crystals over the chrome bar which made the light workable and more modern. The crystals are real glass. I like the light now that it was reworked, but I would have returned it if I couldn't modify it to make it work. Also, two of the crytals came broken so I'll have to ask for a replacement, but not a big deal right now.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Stark white on highest level of dinner and warm golden glow on low setting
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent but not top notch
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Picture does not accruately show how the crystals are hung.
I bought this about 6 months ago. I get a TONNNNNNNNN of compliments, everytime I have someone over, this is what they notice. The crystals are actually glass, which I kind of prefer. The reflection of the light is very romantic, definetely sets the mood! The ONLY think that I believe looks cheap is the "crystals" or glass holders, that are at the base of the chandelier, but you dont even see them when its hung, so it doesnt even matter. I have it on dimmer and would recommend the instalation be done like that as well! My husband hung it, and I helped, it wasnt that complicated, the only thing is getting it staight, since the tension cables make it a bit harder, in comparison to a fixed rod.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? VERY
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Its really good for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Very nice modern lamp. exactly what we were looking for to use in our dining room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was exactly what was mentioned in the ad.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nicely made, sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
My sibilings purchase this chandelier for my parents for Christmas and they were very pleased. The chandelier look very elegant in their dinning room. I would definetly recommend this product to any one. It is an affordable way to upgrade old light fixtures!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? The quality of the chandelier was higher than I expected
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I love this light, it is sophisticated and modern. I have received many compliments on my light. There was one problem that overstock immediately fixed. Great company to purchase from. The shade color is true white and looks great. Very happy with my purchase.
Like I said I just moved and so finally I got my chandelier hang. Easy assemble, needed two people and after adjusting the wires. It's was up and beautiful really accents the room. I wanted a large chandelier and the crystal and chrome are perfect over my glass dining table. Very Happy
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate it's a large Chandelier..
I bought this to replace my awful florescent fixture in my kitchen. It looks so good! I also got the round one for my dining room and I am so happy with them both. It was tough to get straight as stated before but worth the little extra time/