overall, we're glad we got this - it really works in our 14x14 dining room. you do have to construct it, but you should hand in your opposable thumbs card if you can't put it together in about 20 minutes. it's very shiny, not matte. the clear parts are plastic, not crystal. it does look great installed.
I expected real chrome. This product was made of plastic with a chrome look coating on the arms. For $XXX I expected a heavy real materials in stead of plastic with plastic arms and crystal. When put together one of the arms did not sit right and it sagged so it looked strange. One of the lights did not work and we took it apart and put it back together again and it still didn't work.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not real chrome
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? okay
I bought this chandelier because I wanted a fixture that was going to look good in my diningroom temporarily. My wife had her sights on what she called our permanent chandelier which was on another sight for $$$$. When I assembled this chandelier and hung it in my diningroom, it grabbed the spotlight without any hefty price tag. This fixture looks great and I will be purchasing another one from overstock real soon
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I received the product in the mail in a timely manner like always and when i took it out of the box and assembled it it looked better than I thought.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the product was perfect
This chandelier is a great blend of traditional and modern design. The elements make it light and airy. The chrome gives it a fresh take on traditional.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly as described
Took a while to put together. I thought I would like it but hung on a tilt. We tried but could not get it to hang straight. Looked cheap. Sent it back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? looked nicer in the picture.
Needed an updated light for over our kitchen table. After reading the reviews, we decided to go for it, and we couldn't be happier! It looks stunning with the lights on as well as off. The arms of he chandelier come detached to fit in the box, so you will just need to attach them before wiring them all together at the bottom of the base. The wires are all nicely hidden under a pretty cover. It is not hard, just remember to take a picture of the old connections of your previous fixture. This will help in case you have two wires of the same color coming from the ceiling. Overall, very happy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It seems strong and durable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
When fixture arrived one of the ceramic pcs. the bulb fits in was cracked. We were able to glue it. It fits under a silver shield/sleeve so is not visible. The chanderlier looks very nice over our dinning table. Very pretty at night when looking in from outside. Easy for two people to install. We are happy with our purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality....not as good as hoped. With that said, we were able to fix our issue ourselves. It works for us.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This is a great chandelier. Very elegant. Adds a little bit of glam to the room with the crystal and chrome. The product comes in several pieces so get ready to work when you get this. It took my husband two evenings after the kids had gone to bed and a third evening for us to hang all the shades and adjust. FYI, you may need some electrical tape. We gave up on the white gloves that come included to keep fingerprints off the chrome, opting to shine it at the end. Overall, I would do all that over again as the product looks great! It is hanging in my breakfast area of a 10x20 galley kitchen with black cabinets, crystal knobs and white marble countertops. It compliments the room perfectly! I agree with another reviewer that it gives off a yellowish glow but you could easily use the Reveal bulbs to change that. We have ours on a dimmer switch and love it. We looked tirelessly for another chandelier for this space and this was by far the best one we found and the best value!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to description and photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The shades are not really beige, more of a cream
I am very happy with my purchase. The chandelier feels larger in person than it's measurements suggest, I think because the shades add a bit of bulk to the chandelier. I actually really liked that aspect, since I was worried it would be too small for our 13'x13' dining room. There were slight imperfections in one of the shades (part of the threading in the shade) that was highly visible when the lights were turned on. However, we just turned it to the side facing away from the entryways. The one negative is that the instructions are VERY vague about how to wire the arms to the base of the chandelier. My husband and I are very handy and it took both of us about 1.5 hours just to assemble the chandelier. It's definitely a two-person job unless you're a professional. We were also trying to be very careful about scratching the chrome. Hanging it was easy if you have experience putting any light fixture up. All in all, if you're looking for a contemporary/glamorous update to your room, I would definitely recommend this!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Very attractive, well made and just right for my sophisticated contemporary dining room. Weighed option of a drum light, but those were just a bit too informal feeling for what i was going for. I embellished this fixture a bit by adding a single unfacetted, long teardrop crystal to the bottom of each and to the center to balance the light and give it more length without making it fussy. Beautiful! Looks like it came with it.
4 out of 5 of the candle uprights are crooked and misshapen. The end result being that they bow outward instead of vertical; not noted until I paid someone to hang it for me and we looked at the end result. I plan to return them; the misshapen units are so marked.....
I have this above my kitchen table. Matched it with grey walls, chrome/stainless kitchen/wood accents and it gives the perfect amount of glam in our space. Not too large but definitely one of the most show stopping pieces in my house! Can't beat for the price!
This chandelier is an excellent value. It looks like much more expensive versions, for much less cost. I have a small dining room, and it provides great lighting, and looks great. I get compliments every time someone sees it in our home.
I bought this chandelier for my bathroom. It looks great. I paid to have it assembled. I didn't even try to put it together myself, so I have no idea if it would have been difficult or not. It took the electrician 45 minutes to an hour to assemble it before he installed it. I did not give it 5 stars because the shades are a wonky color. They are cream with a greeny-yellow cast to it. I would have preferred white or cream without the greenish tinge. It isn't bad, it just isn't "perfect."