We decided to buy artificial trees for the urns on either side of our outside entry after several years of struggling to keep real plants and topiaries alive during the dry ,hot Oklahoma summers. These trees look amazing and so real, even touching them does not give them away! What I love most is that they will still look like they do now in September without all the constant care of past years! I would recommend them to anyone who like myself, only want "artificial" if you can't tell it's artificial!
Overall I was pleased with the 2 topiary trees I purchased. Like other reviewers have mentioned, you can see the metal rod going up through the center when you are up close and look at the tree from eye level. If you are taller than 5.5 ft tall and you look down at the topiary from a superior angle, the metal pole does not show. For the convenience of not having to trim real topiary trees, I'll gladly accept the metal rod showing in certain situations. These artificial topiaries look like they'll outlast many similar products out there. The pots are very light weight and you will want to re-pot these topiaries in slightly larger containers with gravel and/or cement to keep them from falling over.
I was apprehensive because these are at the upper threshold of my budget. I bought two for my condo balcony. I didn't want to mess with anything I would have to water and risk overflowing onto the patio of my downstairs neighbor so these were the perfect option. I ordered 2 solar lighted urns from another online merchant (thankfully they were on clearance sale for 50% off) and the urns arrived the same day as the trees. I placed the pots inside the urns and filled in the extra space with white marble chips. The balcony catches some wind from time to time so I anchored them with wire ties from the metal rod to the white deck railing. They look amazing! The urns provided some additional height and the trees are slender enough they don't take up too much space. Because they are so slender the solar uplighting is really perfect. Having them to "anchor" the outside corners of the balcony actually makes it look larger. Thanks, Overstock!
I am sorry to say that I will be sending my trees back. I should have listened to the reviewers when they talked about a brown rod running through the plant. I am sure there is a way this rod can be hidden. The trees cost to much for me to have to go out and pay extra money to try and hide this hideous brown rod. I love overstock and will continuous to shop with OS. The trees are plastic which was okay, the height was prefect for my front porch. I just could not get pass this brown rod. If the rod was green I don't think it would have been so noticeable.
I really like this spiral tree. The price is reasonable and they look great. The key is to place them in a large decorative container that covers the green pot supplied. Use rocks or dirt to make them look more like the real deal. My first pair lasted 5 years; hopefully this pair will too. I will definitely repurchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color matched perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is the second time I have purchased this spiral tree. The documents in the box states that it will last about 2-3 years. My first purchase lasted me five years. I used the spirals to flank my front door. I filled two lovely pots with white rocks and put the trees in the pots. My friends and neighbors didn't know they what artificial until this year when it was time to replace them.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description listed on the site was spot on.
Have 2 on my front porch. Believe me they look fantastic for the price and as I watch the neighbors spiral foliage die, mine stays perfectly green year around. I even decorate them with white lights at Christmas. You will not be disappointed!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on in description
I was very anxious to get these - after years of trying to raise real trees in my deck pots I finally gave up and ordered these. They arrived today and while they are not "silk" they are very nice and look quite real - I cannot wait to put them in their new pots and add some flowers and see what happens at our first party!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? very nice - came as 2 PC - lock together to form tree - will be great if I need to store them at some point!
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
The silk trees (two) were placed next to my front door on the outside but under a ceiling for protection. The trees look fine and seem to be sturdy. Like other reviewers, the only negative are gaps where the copper pole in the middle was overly visible. Indeed, when the sun hit the poles, the reflection was blinding. To compensate, I went to the hobby store and purchased some moss for a couple of dollars. I looped the moss where the pole was exposed and it did the trick. Thus with a little ingenuity, the trees make a fine entry statement.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Overall acceptable
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
First it is not silk, it is cheep junk plastic. Second, it has a metal pole down its center that is clearly visible. Yuck. What a big waste of money. You can buy much more for much less elsewhere. Its width and flimsy construction makes it overall very small and wimpy looking and it doesn't even come with a pot. If it weren't so much cost to return, I would do just that. Maybe keeping someone else from making the same mistake will take the edge off a huge mistake.
I ordered these for my front entryway because I didn't want the hassle of putting real ones there, (even though I live in Washington state, and my neighbors have real ones.) They are exactly as shown in the pictures. They look pretty real, are slim and a good height. I haven't weighed them down in the pots yet, and they survived a wind storm, so I'd say they're pretty sturdy too. A really great buy after shopping around at some of the "fancier" places. You won't go wrong with these, they're an excellent value!