This is a nice looking unit, but it's made of cheap and low quality/density melamine wood, which can crack easily (two pieces arrived damaged - the base and the back panel). Overstock were quick to replace the damaged pieces, and once I put it together (which was easy), I liked the way it looked. The black finish is nice. Be careful though, as it can damage easily with nicks and dents (the wood is quite soft). Overall, for the price it's a good deal. One thing to keep in mind is that the unit is not deep enough to store audio components such as most home theater receivers (it does fit most DVD players).
Overall I am very impressed. I got the stand just 3 days after placing the order. I was worried that there would be damage to the stand seeing as how its shipping across the country, but the packaging was exceptional. It took me about 45 minutes to put this stand together. It looks even better than the picture. The knobs are even metal not cheap plastic like I was expecting. Great stand!!
I wanted to get a television stand, but couldn't afford to pay alot of money for one at the moment. It turned out to be better than I expected especially for the cost. I am very happy and it fits my 46" television. My husband and 7 year old daughter put it together in two hours. It was quick and easy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? IT LOOKS JUST LIKE THE PICTURE
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. IT WAS GREAT FOR THE PRICE
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? THE DESCRIPTION WAS RIGHT ON
I am so pleased with this product. The quality and design are exactly what I hoped for. The price was an outstanding deal. When shopping in stores I could only find outrageous prices on outdated styles or similar designs that looked like they wouldn't last. I am very happy with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Much better quality than products of the same price in retail.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly
My husband and I weren't sure what to expect ordering a console table to hold our dish box and DVD player online, but this far exceeded our expectations. Assembly was easy! I was able to put it together and surprise my husband with it when he got home (took about and hour or hour and half to assemble). Looks classy, sleek and modern! Highly recommend!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality, very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This was exactly what we were looking for; it looks very nice in our living room and it an amazing bargain for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
My husband put this piece together and thought it was fairly straight forward. Took under an hour total, I'd say. The only complaint we have is that on one side there is a hole that a screw went into and the sticker that should cover it, so it will blend better, was not included. The sticker is totally the cheesy way to cover it in the first place BUT it would be better than nothing. Luckily we have it positioned so it is almost impossible to notice. Otherwise it looks good and seems to be sturdy. We have a 46" flat-screen on it and it is a great fit. The whole piece is fairly slim and is a good fit for our small-ish living room.
We needed a media cabinet that had closed storage - I hate wires. This is very clean and has two drawer storage and backing too, which keeps everything very neat. It was tough to put it together though. The directions are very unclear and the drawings very poorly done. Thankfully, we've had a lot of experience assembling furniture. The black MDF wood looks very good with everything else we have. We didn't want to spend an exorbitant amount of money on the media cabinet - we just wanted something that would go with the other black and walnut furniture we have. This totally does the trick! Not a piece we'll keep forever, but works perfectly in our space for the amount of money we wanted to spend. Make sure you take the time to really understand the directions though!
I ordered this TV stand a number of years back and love it. It is so well made, sturdy and strong, easy to assemble. Is just perfect for my TV and components. I keep tapes, CD's etc in the cabenits. You can't go wrong with this product.
I ordered this television stand for my mom, and I was pleasantly surprised on how nice it looked. It fit perfectly in her small space, and compliments the décor. As for the quality, it's particle, so I doubt if it would last through a move without getting damaged, but for the price we paid, it doesn't matter. We purchased this over two years ago, and if there were any flaws in the product, I don't remember, nor are they noticeable.
I like the look of this and the quality is as expected, I had completed all the steps to put it together but put the doors on upside down and the ONLY way to correct it is to compeletly take it apart again so right now I am a bit disappointed and have the doors held shut with rubberbands. My mistake but because the doors are pressure attached it is hard to correct.
I wasn't expecting an amazing piece of furniture for the price. The stand looks great, but I know it's not super sturdy. Actually if you're laying on the floor I can see the dolly's pocking out from 2 pieces that are connected. It's kind of annoying. Assembly was difficult...took me and my fiance about 90 minutes. Definitely a 2 person job and takes some serious muscle for some of those screws!
The stand was exactly as described and the instructions were easy enough to follow. The main reason i chose this stand was that the measurements were exactly what i was looking for as i have a tiny living room. love the cabinets that provide extra storage. The only reason I gave this product a good rather than excellent was that there was a very noticeable gap between the two pieces of wood at the top but I was able to fix that with some wood glue. I think I will use this stand for many years to come.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Large, thick legs support the top surface intended to hold up the television. It is hard to imagine this piece collapsing. It is held together almost completely with cam bolts, but they seem to be sufficient to hold the piece together while transferring almost all of the vertical load to the legs. The magnetic latched doors on the bottom swing smoothly and stay shut when contact is made with the magnets. No complaints, looks nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurately represented
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. While this is made largely of processed wood and has a cardboard back, it is a strong, quality stand.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
I was single when I purchased this and thought it would be difficult to assemble, but it was very easy and once assembled, it looks amazing! I have friends who asked me how much I paid and when I tell them they are so surprised. I moved twice since I bought it and it has held up perfectly. Very durable quality of product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect