I've seen two or three chefs on TV using these super deep mixing bowls and was so excited when I found them here on Overstock. They are exactly what I wanted. Sturdy, but not too heavy, and the depth prevents splashes so you can really get in there and mix without making a mess. Love them!
These are ok, not great. They arrived in a box with minimal packing, I couldn't believe they weren't broken. They're very heavy and the shape is bit awkward, but I kept them. They do make decent mixing bowls for baking since they are deep.
These bowls are huge. Much bigger than they seem to be in picture. They seem more like mixing bowls than serving bowls. The quality is fine but I received two bowls the same size. Not worth sending back. I am sure I will ever use these for serving but they will probably get use as mixing bowls.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color has more of a blue green tint than in picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seem to be very sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I received two 3 quart and one 4 quart bowl.
Was exactly what I was looking for and exactly what I expected. Price was lower than anywhere else.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
These three bowls ROCK! After having a miscellany of bowls, I decided to finally get a matching set and was intrigued by the lovely bowls i see on Food TV shows - now I own them. they are sturdy, heavy and i just know will last for years. what's best of all, the price. VERY affordable! they arrived quickly and in perfect condition.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly clear!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Arrived in perfect condition - bowls are HEAVY - as in sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
The weight of the bowls is heavier than I thought they'd be, which can make them slightly challenging to hold when scooping food out of into something else, but not impossible. The set arrived with a very noticeable chip on the rim of the largest bowl. They were well packaged, so I can't imagine the chip occurred during shipping. I think it might have been there before being packed. O'stock sent a replacement bowl as soon as they could find one, and it arrived fine without any flaws. Very nice bowls, simple, and look nice with or without food in them.
I originally purchased this set of bowls on 10/11/09, intended to be a gift for an event to be held on 10/31/09. Approx a week later the 1st set was delivered with a chip and crack in the large bowl.I returned them and received a replacement set with the same problem; again the large bowl was chipped on the rim. Returned the second set and received the 3rd replacement yesterday, 11/06/09, and guess what¿..that¿s right the large bowl had a big old chip on the rim.These are very nice looking bowls; however, unless you are willing to overlook a consistent defect with the large bowl, I would not recommend them.