I installed this fixture in my office to go with other deco styled items. It looks great, but my issue is the fabric on the shades. When the lights are off, they appear very dark black, but when you turn the lights on, you can see the texture of the fabric on the shades. It cheapens the look a bit. I have had other similar lights that were a solid black and I much preferred that look.
This works great in the space. We bought this to put in our rental condo. We looked and looked for something that would be stylish and not too expensive, after all we were paying for this one. Our son is an electrician so he installed it. The install went fine, but the shades are a little tricky to fit. They take some fiddling with to get them to sit properly. Once installed it looked classy, I think this helped get the unit rented quickly. It's just the right touch.
The photo of this chandelier doesn't do it any justice. It is even more stunning in person. A great transitional piece that can be used creatively, i.e. though it's recommended for dining rooms we used it as a fixture in a family room and it's quite a wow factor in the room. Definitely a great purchase at such a good price
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I thought, from the photo, that it was a gold finish but as the name states, it is indeed a nickel finish
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
This light fixture provides great style and a bit of drama to a room's decor. I placed the fixture in my dining room and love it! I am getting ready sell my home, which brought me to search for affordable updates that really would give me a lot of "bang for my buck." This light does exactly that job. My husband and I did this as a DIY project after the electrician cancelled. The instructions could use a good technical writer's re-do, however, With a little perseverance, we completed the installation ourselves.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact representation
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality for this price point
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product description sufficiently describes the main features
I fell in love with the chandelier because it is unique, and of course affordable. The quality is excellent and it is just beautiful. The only negative: my electrician had a little difficulty stringing the wires through a very small hole in the ceiling mount.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent Quality
Classic silhouette with updated details made it the perfect piece for me to merge my clean-lined modern furniture with a traditional Craftsman-style home built in 1936. The black shades and brushed metallic features really give my living room a sophisticated Art Deco-meets-Bauhaus feel. A few of my chandelier's metal arms were slightly crooked upon delivery (despite lots of packaging material), but I was fortunate that I was still able to adjust them so they lined up more vertically. I also adjusted the shades so the seams were not too obvious from most vantage points. As with many products made in China, quality is not the best, but this fixture fit exactly what I was looking for at a price I was willing to pay.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. better than expected, but still not top-notch
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate