Wanted to write a quick review to help others that are searching for a Counter/Bar Stool. I searched and searched to find a group of stools for my brand new kitchen. There's a lot to consider: Color, Material, Size, Seat Type, Buttons or None. One particular struggle was chosing the correct height. Our counters are 36" high, we have 2 small children and I am very tall. The 24" inch seemed to match what the "ideal" height should be, with the recommended 11" clearance between the top of the stool and bottom of the counter. However, these would likely be to short for my kids and just would not look right asthetic wise. I took a chance on the 29"... These stools are fantastic. The wood is solid, the finish was beautiful and the leather cushion was very very comfortable. Since the cushion actually sinks down when you sit on it (perhaps a couple inches), you end up with more of a 27" product, which is PERFECT. The kids fit nicely, I do as well - the stools look much more expensive then they really are and were a breeze to put together. My 7 year old son helped me with 2 of them and wanted to try one on his own. For the most part, he did it! I purchased 6 total and may get 2 more (big kitchen). For those looking for a great looking product, that looks expensive, is easy to put together, and has nice rich color - then this is the stool for you. I will have to come back in a few months and comment on the quality and durability because we just got them.
I was so excited to open the box and see my new espresso stools. Unfortunatley the stools had a cherry finish which is too red for my walnut floors. I just ordered another saddle stool in black so here's hoping!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I ordered espresso and received the cherry finish
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Didn't have a chance to assemble it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? verly
These stools are excellent quality for the price (I felt). They look great and are comfortable to sit on. Assembly was easy (I didn't use the wood glue, as other reviewers suggested it wasn't necessary) and they were ready for use in only a few minutes. A review I read about the height of the stools in conjunction with the countertop they were purchased for was very helpful. I use these stools with a 38" breakfast bar and they are perfect for me at 5'3" and my boyfriend at over 6' tall. Also, the saddle design allows them to fit completely underneath the bar without sticking out - a bonus in a narrow room. The stools are quite stable if you are JUST sitting on them. One word of caution, though - watch young children or high energy adults around these stools. They do not feel as though they would handle a lot of rocking or off-center pressure very well (I can envision the wood cracking and splitting).
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? very good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes, and reading all the other reviews helped
I had some misgivings about ordering these stools, since there were a range of reviews from poor to excellent, but am glad that I did. If you want "real" leather cushions, I'm sure you'll pay 2-3 times as much, but the bi-cast leather (made from leather components) works fine in this application. We've had them about a month and they get light use, so they'll probably last a long time with minimal care. They look sharp and elegant, and they went together smoothly with no problems. I put bumpers on the bottom of the legs to balance them and make them quieter on the tile floor. All in all, very pleased with the quality, appearance and ease of assembly for this price point. Another score on Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality, fit and finish.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurately portrayed.
I was searching for inexpensive, comfy seating for an island, and chose these leather stools. They assembled easily, except for the threaded liner of one of the bolt-holes, which was stripped. This meant having to re-tap the unit, or drill a new hole and use a wood screw instead of the supplied hardware. Also, the unit wobbled just a bit due to different leg lengths, but was easily fixed when I added small glider feet on the bottom of each leg. I would pay a few more bucks if they included the glides (save a trip to the hardware store).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color matched photos
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. one of the bolt-holes was stripped
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I needed two narrow barstools to fit under my bar in the kitchen because it is right next to a door. These are perfect in that regard (and others). I also liked the chocolate brown finish of the wood and chocolate leather (almost if not exactly the same color). The top stiching on the seat (which also matches) and two leather covered buttons make these stools look more expensive. I have had them for 3 1/2 months and they are holding up really well, very sturdy and comfortably padded seats.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
The bar stools look good and were reasonably priced. The quality is middle of the road. Parts that need to be assembled don't fit the same. Some are tight that I needed to persuade into the hole, and others were loose. I will need to use them for awhile before I can comment on. The durability.
I ordered these stool because I needed stools that would fit under my breakfast bar without sticking out too far. Easy to assemble and were as comfortable as no - back stools could be for me. However I question how sturdy they might be for a larger man. The colors are wonderful and they loo great; just seem meant for individuals under 200 lbs.
These were just what we were looking for and a good deal for the price. They were easy to assemble but are not the sturdiest stools. They are good for smaller adults and children but, as another reviewer said, I can see then splitting or cracking with too much weight or rocking.
Very happy with the look of the bar stools. Instructions were easy to follow, but we were missing 1 screw / nut which wasn't a big deal as they are standard, and we had one. The color matched our kitchen table well. They are not really cherry colored, but more of a muted, slightly red brown color.
Good looking stools, came in one box, and I was able to assemble them in minutes They look exactly like they did in the pictures. Nice wood frame and deep brown leather tops. They are comfortable for me and my children. However, my husband who is over 200 lbs and is 6' 2" says they're uncomfortable because he can feel the wood frame right through the cushion pad. I would buy these again and am happy with the quality for the price I paid. A good deal for sure.
Bought these stools a few months ago and never wanted to open the box because I figured the assembly would be frustrating and complicated. But I finally unpacked them and was pleasantly surprised to see it was relatively easy to put them together (I bought two). The stools are a sturdy quality and are quite comfortable. I love the way they look around my counter area. They are everything I hoped for and more. I can't wait for guests to try them. I'm very pleased with this purchase.
I really liked the way the bar stools look. The only problem is the quality, very cheaply made. Hope they last the 1st year.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Piictures are true to color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thease bar stools lost the buttons in the first week. Was not happy about that.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate.
I was not sure if these would be high enough - some bar stools are 29" while others are 30". I am 5'3 and these are perfect. The assembly was easy (done in 10 minutes) and the bar stools look great and feel good. I like that they don't take up a lot of space and can be pushed up close under the bar. The seats are nice and soft.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The bar stools are nice and sturdy and the leather seats have a great appearance.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Overall, I was pleased with the saddle bar stools. The height is great because I have a high marble bar counter and the cushion makes the seats very comfortable to sit on for extended periods. The only thing I would mention to future purchasers is that they have a bit of a Formaldehyde chemical smell. After I assembled them (which was very simple) I sprayed them with fabreeze and a couple of days later the smell is not as noticeable and seems to dissipate over time. Overall, I'm pleased with the height, color and quality of the chairs especially for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The cherry brown saddle color was just as illustrated on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality and easy to assemble
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I am very satisfied with the items, they are very comfortable and durable. I would recommend them to anyone wanting nice bar stools...not hard to put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a little different but matches perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality....pretty and comfortable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good