Gave this as a birthday present to a 25 yr old for her first "bar". Great product for that purpose. Didn't want to get her anything more expensive until we saw if she was actually going to use it and take care of it. She said she really liked it when she received it. I put it together for her and thought it's a pretty good product. Very cute too!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
I was disappointed that the map didn't line up. It would have been perfect if not for that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not what I expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It would have been better if they stated the map would not be aligned.
Got this as a Father's day gift for my husband and just my luck it got delivered when he was home :-) He was good and not opened the box but I was forced to open it with home, a corner of the box it came in was damage. Thank goodness the items was safe and sound, not a cratch on any of the pieces. He was very excited to see it and is waiting until Father's Day to put it together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
It is a fun conversational piece. Yes, the map doesn't match up exactly. Unless you are examining it, the mis-match isn't that noticeable. If you want a*** globe, you aren't going to get one for ***. Let's be realistic. It's a good piece for the cost.
I read the reveiws and then ordered it anyway. I immediately contacted Overstock's customer care to say PLEASE MAKE SURE THE VENDOR UNDERSTANDS THAT WE WANT ONE WITH THE IMAGES LINED UP BEFORE THEY SHIP IT. What we got was every single piece of paper not lining up and there are might be 80 or more of them. You can't have this out in front of other people and claim you own it. The inside of the globe was only 50% glued and already peeling off. This was straight out of the box. This is garbage you'd find at a 99 cent store.
I agree completely with another reviewer. This product would be great if the map would line up. I exchanged the first one for a second one and had the same problem. It is a very noticeable error and I am returning the second one and shopping elsewhere. There are some major quality control issues. I feel like you have to have some extremely good luck to get a globe that the lines match up and you can actually read the script on it because I am 2 for 2 and not willing to waste my time on a 3rd try. I would NOT recommend to buy this product.