This mattress is very comfortable. I bought it to use in my guest room, but the mattress is more comfortable than my regular bed. The mattress comes fairly compressed, but the springs expanded within an hour or so. It's so springy now that it's fun to jump on it. The only issue I had was that the straps that compress the mattress in the packaging ripped a couple of holes in the microfiber cover during shipping. (Overstock's customer service was great, though, and they offered to return part of the price so I could buy a replacement cover.) The product description makes it sound like the microfiber cover is separate and that there is some kind of inner cover. There isn't- the microfiber fabric is the only thing between you an the stuffing. So be prepared to buy an additional cover if the microfiber cover gets damaged. Overall- I would order this mattress again because it's so comfortable, but it would have been nice to know that the cover was so flimsy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual color is pretty close to the color on my screen.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The accuracy of the product description could be better- see my review.
Very heavy. Firm, no feeling futons bars. Hard for me to put the futon back in sitting position. I am a 71 year old grandmother. My sons can put it back easily. I have been using the mattress for 5 years for guest and it isn't showing ware.
The futon mattress is not what I expected. There is a hard core in the middle when opened up for sleeping that makes sleeping on either side of it the only option for comfort. The mattress is too springy for intended sofa sitting and looks messy all the time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very springy, springs can be felt along side, product not 10 inches deep.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description sold me the product. Therefore I was surprised by the quality of the mattress.
My sister and her husband slept on this mattress for 9 days, i also had a temperpedic 1" topper, they told me it was very comfortable. My only disappointment is that the mattress is NO WAY 10 inches and is falsely advertised as 10 inch, even after 10 days of airring out it was only 6 inches!!!
We found the mattress to be everything we expected, except that it is 8" thick, instead of the 10" we ordered. The shipping bag was labeled 10" also. We ordered a 10" cover which doesn't fit and can't be returned, now we have to order an 8" cover instead.
This product is basically as described and as it appears in the ads. The principal problems with it are that the is tied on with nylon cord with ends of the cord sticking out of the holes where the cover is stitched onto the mattress and that the cover is an integral part of the mattress. I opened the zipper and found stuffing along the edge of the mattress that is held in place only by the cover. Thus, while the mattress is perfectly adequate with the included cover, it might make sense to use another cover on top of it. Also, the mattress arrived with a strong, not entirely desirable pine scent.
It's described as 'Medium to Firm' but should be categorized as 'Soft.' So, firm-mattress lovers, step away from this mattress! Continue shopping! Also, the buyer is advised to wait 3 days for the mattress to 'fully loft.' Excited about this 'loft' process, I waited for 5 days just to be sure I didn't interrupt anything.. But the mattress stayed exactly as it was when I took it out of its box. It did not expand, or puff up, or rise to new heights, or 'loft.' It did not turn into a taut, tight, firm mattress. But I'd been chosen to put up a couple family members for a few nights, so I had to throw out my old ugly but beloved hard mattress and keep this mushy new mattress, Yes, I was stuck. And I'm still stuck. I have a nice-looking soft mattress to sleep on which will give me back problems as all soft mattresses do. Sigh.
The mattress is fine, but I don't like how it fits futon; very high in back, Cover does not remove unless tufting destroyed. Dark brown did not spot clean up well from messy cat furball, so planning to use lighter cover I purchased at same time, or keep comforter (close color match) on as a cover.
Bought this for a futon for my guest room, And is very comfortable , according to my guests. There was a strong smell after unwrapping it, and it didn't go away for over a week, though. If you can tough that out, then this is a good buy.
I wanted a thick mattress and it is thick. The color is also good.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It was a present for my son so it is at his house so I don't know.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very acurate
I love it. Best futon mattress I have had yet. Firmer than my last spring futon mattress, giving it more durability. It's thicker, giving me more lift. The support is even throughout so it doesn't hurt my back by letting me sag in one area. Material feels nice, but I have it cover by a mattress cover to protect it from my cats. With nice black sheets over it, you can't tell there is a cover and it looks GREAT. The thickness and queen size of it makes it look REALLY nice with a matching bed set. You could use this with a futon frame or just as a regular mattress! I have got a wooden futon frame which is a little more difficult to set into couch position, especially with the weight of the mattress, so I definitely recommend getting a standard metal frame for the spring assistance with transitioning. Just make sure you get a queen sized frame to match it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate9/10
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Comfortable and firm futon and good durability so far. Heavy and thick, giving a it some stability and elevating you off the floor or futon frame.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate10/10
not 10in only came to about 7in.. nice looking, stayed on the frame great just not the right thickness.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I could feel the springs when sitting on it
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? bad
The mattress arrived within two days and was an absolute steal! I have searched many stores and viewed others online, but this was superior to all that I had viewed. A definite purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent/Plush
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent description
We ordered this on a Sunday night and received it Tuesday afternoon! The mattress unrolled flat immediately after opening. My son has been sleeping on it since he got it and he loves it. I also like that when the frame is in the couch position, the thickness of the mattress makes it so that the sitting portion isn't so deep that my wife's feet dangle. It is just really nice to have a queen mattress on a futon frame.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality mattress. Good support and comfortable. Definitely not a firm mattress.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Dead on.
The mattress just arrived it measures just over 6 inches in thickness. It does not look like the picture at all. the microfiber cover is loose and ill fitted. It looks like a mattress thrown in a futon cover. It is not at all what I expected. I wanted a super thick futon mattress and it is not that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was correct
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The mattress is less than 8 inches deep and has a removable cover.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The web description and pictures do not look like the product I received.