A couple of strokes on each side and DONE! I rapidly did 6 knives in about 2 minutes as soon as I opened the box with the item and they all came out a lot sharper. You can sharpen a knife very good in a minute or less. My family has used this type of knife sharpener for as long as I remember. I tried Chef-Mate electric sharpener, I tried other ones, this diamond steel beats them all by far and the best thing you don't need to look for an outlet to plug it in and create room on your counter in the middle of chopping something, and you can take it with you on your boat fishing or camping. I LOVE this one. Even if you are a person who prefer automatic do-it-for-you stuff, this one is a must at least as an extra tool in the kitchen (or garage). Highly recommend. I also must mention that Overstock shipped it so fast that 2 days later I wondered what that box was on my door step, it has been less than 48 hours since I ordered it!
This is the best sharpening steel I have ever used. Having gone through six over the years, including steel and ceramic, this diamond steel sharpens the best with the fewest strokes. The shape allows for more control than a round steel. Overall, this is probably the best buy for the value I have made on Overstock.
My father was a butcher, I have his knives and for years I have never been able to sharpen them with the sharpen steel that was his. Nor with the many products claiming to be the best sharpening tools on the market. I am estatic everytime I sharpen my knives with this diamond steel as it only take a few quick strokes and my knives are razor sharp. If you never want to have a dull knife again, you need to purchase this one.
The only sharpener you need - keeps the knives in excellent cutting order.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality - very substantial
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate - the diamond grit adds extra bight to the sharpener.
I use the sharpener for all kind of knifes in sizes and shapes. Though not used much, it seems to do the job.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This sharpener is fantastic! I have gone through 3 different rotary-style sharpeners and none of them work well and required some elbow grease. This tool, like great chefs use, works great with just a few swipes. Really does a great job on even serrated knives. I particularly like the flat surface sides, which give you more sharpening area than a round one. Higly recommend!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
I have not used it as it is a present but it looks as good as the one I got from ****
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This sharpener is a nice solid core stick. It removes material in controlled amounts. I find it is easy to rinse and revitalize. Because the item is solid core, it feels much more substantial in my hand and is much easier to control. The ovoid shape gives me more contact area and is easier to manage than a round sharpener. Not the sexiest unit in town, but a most utilitarian tool.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is simply black and matte silver
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a solid kitchen utensil... all business
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? This is a solid core unit, not a flimsy hollow core.
I am pleasantly surprised with the this sharpening steel. It has a good quality heavy weight to it and it sharpens my knives very well. I'm glad I bought it.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I highly recommend this sharpening steel to anyone out there looking to quickly and easily restore the perfect edge to your knives. I've owned a lot of these over the years and by far this steel is the best yet. The 10-inch Diamond Knife Sharpening Steel is comfortable to hold and extremely easy to use, plus it's a great value. Stop looking and buy this one!
I bought this knife sharpener for myself because I wanted to start cooking and eating healthy food. Since this requires a lot of chopping and slicing of fresh veggies and meats, I bought the sharpener and a very nice set of knives. The knives actually came with a "diamond surface" sharpener but it was round and I did not like it compared to this sharpener. The surface of this sharpener is flattened so you get perfect contact between the blade of your knife and the sharpener. It's also not such a rough surface and does not 'grate' the blades of my knives.The handle is perfectly shaped to hold with a good grip. I am female and my hands are not large so this is important to me. Although there is a ring on the end of the handle for hanging from a hook if you want, the surface of the sharpener is metal and sits perfectly on my magnetic strip that holds all of my frequently-used knives. I am very satisfied with this sharpener and I highly recommend it.