This is a decent item. The description and photo are very accurate. My reason for giving it 4 stars and not 5 is because I really wanted a finer grit nail file, and there is no description letting me know how fine the grit is. It is rougher than I would have liked. I have purchased a glass nail file elsewhere, which is very fine grit, and it's great in glass, because it doesn't lose it's effectiveness over time like the disposable ones made from sandpaper. I bought 3 of these as gifts, thinking they would be good for baby nails. I don't think they're going to work for that, because they are too rough. I think this would be better for thick finger nails and toenails, not as much so for thin or brittle nails. This one is decent quality, but I would consider it much higher quality if it was smoother.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It looks on screen exactly like what I received
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good
I'll be honest. I don't file my nails that often, so I don't have a ton of experience. However, this is a quality file and it was really cheap. I've seen some pretty expensive glass files before and I feel like this works just as well. It arrived intact and well protected.
I ordered 3 of the files, wanting to use one and have the others for stocking stuffers...they arrived in time, and looked like they would have been excellent to use but all were broken. I had read the reviews and although one warned about poor packaging, I thought I'd try, hoping the feedback might have improved that issue. Sadly, no...my files were sent in their own clear plastic sleeves, but simply placed into a regular plastic envelope--no stiffening, no padding, nothing--not even paper wrapped around them. When they arrived, the package was poked thru in the back---something had hit or bent the files, so all were broken inside their plastic sleeves--Glass is not flexible! At least the shards were contained in the sleeves, but I was disappointed. I wrote to Overstock Customer service and they refunded my card immediately, after alerting the shipper (DHL). I think these would be great tools and perform as listed, if only they had been packaged smarter! Guess it's something not to order online.
I don't know why I didn't hop on the crystal file bandwagon ages ago; I guess I was afraid of change. This file is perfect! I was a bit apprehensive about how it would feel on my nails (I had the thought of a rigid, broken glass bottle in mind), but if you're used to using emery files, the feel is between "medium" and "coarse". I've had it for about a month now and I really love it!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exact match
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
Great price for a good product. Glass nail files work very well (just don't drop them or they will break!)
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good.
my girlfriend loves it and says shes never going back to regular nail files>
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? to a t
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fine worksmanship