Here we go again, I think I've covered everything you've asked already.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent, my wife is an amputee, and use's these every day and they last about 9 months..........easy on arm pits and shock.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes
I'd been using regular crutches for a couple of weeks and the pain in my hands and shoulders was horrid. (I wrecked my knee skiing.) I had hoped these ergonomically correct crutches with their "shock absorbers" would be the miracle I was looking for...it just shifted the pain to another pressure point in my palm. Plus, I couldn't get them adjusted to the right height, even with the help of the physical therapist -- there weren't enough adjustment options. And the "shock absorber" on one crutch was sticky and didn't perform properly; we greased the heck out of it, to no avail. Overall the crutches were also heavier than the standard crutches, making them more tiring to swing around after a while. Be aware, too, that there is a left crutch and a right crutch because of the grip, which makes you have to think which side was which each time you picked up the crutches to move somewhere...annnoying. Speaking of the grip, it was definitely designed for someone with a larger hand than mine, but I can't say for sure if that added to the overall discomfort. I really tried hard to make them work for a couple of weeks, then I went back to the old-style crutches. I tried contacting the manufacturer to get some help. I did get one call back (that went to my voice mail) and didn't get any call backs after I attempted a couple more times to get in touch. I was, however, very satisfied with Overstock's price and immediate delivery.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No