Just got mine today and absolutely LOVE IT!!!!! I've been looking for red sable brushes and a good price for a while. My friend who is a professional stylist got a couple of them separately and paid $20-$26 for each so she is sooo jealous because of my purchase!!! Absolutely worth paying!!!!
This is by far the finest set and largest amount of pieces (23) brush set I have found. The price of the set is great. Leather case makes it easy to store and wonderful for travel. I made a copy of the list of each brush so I would know what each one is far. I highly recommend to anyone wanting a professional set
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? This is a very large set , looks good in picture and then you roll is out wow even better
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? what you see and read is everything you get
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a very professional set all made of fine hair . You will be so happy of the quality
I bought this great set of makeup brushes as a gift and I am very satisfied with their quality.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exactly the same as pictured
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
While expressing gratitude to overstock.com for delivering a high-quality product once again, I could go on gushing about this Deluxe Pro Black 23-piece Makeup Brush Set. In the end it is best described using two words -- Absolutely Incredible!
I was very excited to receive this set! It arrived quickly and in good condition.While I wasn't expecting highend quality for such a low price, I was hoping;). First, the brush roll is great, I really like the layout, ease of cleaning and strong magnetic closure. It's a handsome and professional looking set, and I was happy to roll it out in front clients. The actual quality of the brushes themselves is what's lacking. Even the blush, powder and contour brushes are a bit scratchy- though the hairs are decently packed and full. Many of the eye brushes and smaller face brushes are super stiff, don't pick up or hold product well and are very- scratchy and not something you want near your eye! I've retired those to costume makeup duty, where they won't get daily use, or go near eyes. I do love both fan brushes, the large is soft and great with powders while the smaller (which at first looks at bit mangy, lol!) is great for whisking away undereye shadow fallout. Bristle shedding hasn't been major for any of these brushes, which is good..... but then onto to the ferrules. The metal part that clamps the bristles and holds them on the shaft, are very poorly glued and fall off! I have had this happen to MANY of these brushes, which I take very good care of and should never happen! All in all, I paid about $50 for the lot, and while I do use the larger face brushes, mostly they are back-ups. Good brushes are expensive, and starting out this set helped fill my arsenal. I would suggest going to the counters and trying brushes. You will learn what you like and need, and find yourself reaching for the same few again and again. Invest in individual, high quality brushes that you will use everyday for many years to come!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not Professional Quality
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So-So
I am by no means a professional make-up artist but I love the feel of these brushes. They are very soft and make-up application is so much easier with them. None of the hairs have come loose and the end result is so superior to artificial brushes. It would have been nice to know what all of the brushes are for but at this point I just select the size and brush type that works for what I am doing.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? This product looked exactly as advertised.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. While I have only been using them for a few weeks, I love them.
Great brushes. Only downside, as a non-professional I had to go figure out on my own what all the brushes did. I wish it'd come with little stickers on them.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Image doesnt do brushes justice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality, some of the larger brushes shed initially, but they are all soft and hold pigment well
These brushes are great quality. I have been looking to purchase a new set of professional brushes (I am a makeup artist) and really wanted a set my friend had bought for $160.....which is still a good deal for quality brushes. When I came across these and all the reviews, I though I would try them out and I firgured if I didn't like them I could send them back. I really wasn't expecting them to be this good. They are virtually identical to the brush set my friend has but for half the price. I couldn't be happier!
I am very happy with my brush set i got them 2 weeks ago and i been using them priety much every day. I have to say do that i found two things that i didint like wich were that in the package there wasnt any kind of paper giving you information about the brush, like there were 2 brushes that i didint know their exact function and the concealer brush has a lot of loose hair when you are using it, but other than that the brushes are amazing.