I have a partially torn ACL and have been using ACE neoprene knee braces with spring inserts for lateral supports. While these braces served me well, they were showing their ages, and ACE stopped making the same model. As far as I am concerned, newer / one-size-fits-all models from ACE and other vendors are not an improvement since they really do not fit right and do not offer the same level of compression as fitted / sized ones. There are other fitted knee braces with lateral supports but those are not made with neoprene material and do not offer the same level of compression and stability. After getting very disappointed with one of these thinner / non-neoprene knee brace, I continued my quest to find a perfect replacement of my trusty old ACE knee brace. When I found this item on Overstock.com, I was little bit hesitant because of a very large inconsistency between its pictures and descriptions. While the picture accurately showed springs on the side, description did not mention any lateral support. Since I always had good experiences with Overstock.com and its return policy, I decided to take a chance. The product was delivered within 4 days of the order, and I could not be happier with this knee brace. It is little thicker than I would like and cannot be worn inside-out (I liked to flip my old ACE brace inside out when I start to sweat so that I don't have to feel like I have a small jungle down on my knee). However, the fit was very good and firm, and the lateral support was also excellent. I have not taken it to hiking or other more demanding activities, but, with limited time I spent wearing it around short walks, I am very happy with my purchase. Ever since I purchased this knee brace, I also found out that it is no longer listed on the *** web site, so, I think that means this one is also being discontinued. I have gone ahead and ordered a second one so that I can have a spare for next few years.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image was very helpful, especially since the descriptions did not mention the lateral support while the picture showed side springs
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? All the descriptions were accurate. However, the description missed the point that this knee brace also has 2 springs on each side, providing lateral supports.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality material and stitching
After trying several knee aids, I decided to try this one. Very substantial and gives a lot of support. Does not slip down like the others I own.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
It's not Seamless behind the knee for improved comfort. There is a seam but not anymore irritating/chaffing than other seamless I have used. They do have good support, The picture really doesn't show the side supports. You cant beat the price! Thanks "O" once again.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? yes
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
I have a trick knee that will not lock and occasionally causes pain when straightened. A support has helped, but this one has been counterproductive. It is VERY STRONG. When I pulled it on it forced my knee joint forward in a way that hurt. It's a good product, I guess, but maybe something a bit less, um, forceful would be better for me. I'm not an athlete, just an aging lady with tricky joints.
I am disappointed in the knee support braces like these on the market today. I received one years back from my doctor and I haven't been able to find anything close to replace it. This is OK. It stays up, it supports my knee. it does not breath at all!! both my leg and the brace are soaked when I take it off (after a 2 mile run in 30 degrees, where most of the rest of my body does not sweat). I can't even imagine it in the summer. but, it is better than most on the market.
holds knee in place,so I can walk. what more do you want?item does not breathe,so your knee sweats,but you must take good with bad.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exact image
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not bad
I ordered a Medium and it's fits pretty well, I'm a 5'5" female. It's sturdy, but still lets you move in workouts. Great brace for the price!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great