I purchased my first unit from XXXXXXX approximately 8 months ago, after researching several comparable units. This unit was the least expensive and the most well reviewed of all available units. I also liked the idea that InTENsity unit has both TENS & MENS. I suffer from two chronic pain conditions and I prefer to to manage my symptoms naturally, so having s personal handheld Electrotherpy device on hand is incredibly useful. The unit is small and portable, comes in a hard case with all required accessories. It's also very small compared to my previous TENS unit, which allows it to fit nicely in a handbag or small travel bag. I was so excited to receive my unit, that I opened the box, glanced over the instructions and attached the electrodes, hoping that I could more or less figure out how to get it working as I went along. It was at this point that I realized the importance of thoroughly reading ALL of the instructions. Once you've done this, you'll see just how user friendly and effective this unit can be. I must reiterate the importance of reading ALL instructions to avoid shocking yourself, or someone whom you might be attaching the unit. My only complaint is self adhesive electrodes, do not allow these to touch clothing or bedding and be sure to apply to clean dry skin. Also keep in mind that even with following these instruction, the electrodes must be replaced quite frequently. If you'd like to know more about my experience with this particular InTENsity unit, please feel free to read the following article: http://thepositivepear.com/2011/11/29/electrotherapy-pain-management-for-ankylosing-spondylitis-other-chronic-pain-conditions/
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? comparable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? appeared accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality product
The battery lifespan is poor. I only had it for 11 days and used it for more than 12 hours non continuous.. the tens is good. I do not know if the battery is rechargeable or disposable. The manual doesn't say a lot about it except tips how to throw it. Otherwise i can only use the tens when plugged in the power outlet without the battery which is very uncomfortable for me because its not very flexible.
Product has excellent specs and is well made. It works well but the same company makes a 4-in-1 that also includes the IF and EMS. I own both and bought this as a second machine for the microcurrent setting. The tens setting is for pain only but the micro setting is said to also heal. I bought the second machine to try using the different frequencies on two independent channels (two machines). Within the limits of the machine (1-150 Hz) it works. If I were to only purchase one machine, I would purchase the Intensity Select 4-in-1. The IF setting is the one that gives the most immediate pain relief.
Best price on the internet. Quality therapyproduct.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
After owning this unit one week I have decided to return it. I have owned many tens units the past several years. This unit was very complicated to set functions and use. I was not able to get it to desired setting. Unit is much larger than expected. Would not slip in pocket as other tens units do, very large to clip on belt and move around in.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Was not able to get close up with picture used
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Site description appeared accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product was much larger than previous tens units purchased
All the above is true but the machine is complicated to work...I think this TENS machine will be great once I get it down pat to using it properly. Would I recommend it? Yes and no.. but be for-warned... its a bit complicated fro the novice user.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? image was the same...
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? discription was the same and accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality