I am very happy with this case. It's a great size and all the individual compartments are wonderful. Some reviews commented about the lower dividers being difficult to take out-- turn them sideways, don't try to pull them straight out. They're VERY easy to maneuver that way. Overall, I'm very happy this make-up case.
This case is much larger than I expected! There is so much room, and the compartments are very large. It's a bit awkward pulling the section dividers out of the bottom and 2nd row, but it can be managed once you realize everything is sturdy and is not going to break. Just give the dividers a twist, and they will pop out. The case is really more than I need as it is less than 1/2 full. It's convenient to lock up my make-up though, and store it away where my curious 3 & 5 year old daughters cannot play with it.
I just launched my career in the makeup artistry business, and this case helped me get completely organized! It's the perfect size for portability. The only small downside is that the removable dividers can be hard to remove or put on when you're trying to deal with the in between or bottom shelves. The top shelves cover 1/4 of the bottom shelves, making it a little difficult to manage the dividers. Otherwise, I highly recommend this to those of you who want a good portable case and great value!
As a freelance makeup artist, I was looking for a portable case to transport my makeup. This is it! I love the adjustable compartments and the way the case expands. It's such a good value, too. I definitely did extensive research to get the best deal. You will save tons by buying this makeup train case from Overstock.
I did a lot of research before buying this product. It is well made and was a good price, but the hinged stacked shelves do not expand fully enough to see the items on the shelf beneath, so you spend a lot of time poking around to find what you're looking for.
The make up case is really a good product, the only thing that needs improvement is the inside shelves a re very loose. Thats it .. I bought this as a gift and she loves it..
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It is really good,
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good product ,
As a makeup collecter and the mom of a toddler storage was a big issue especially with my "everyday" go to stuff. I needed a sturdy case that could protect my makeup from my toddler's little hands and it needed to be bigger than the average 12inch case. I searched everywhere and I finally found this 14inch case. I expected it to arrive and look completely different but it looks exactly the same as pictured. Shipping was fairly quick (I got it about 6 days later) The inside tray's are plastic but they're extremely sturdy and it has enough dividers to keep everything organised (after I had everything in place I had several extra dividers that I just stored away), The bottom is pretty deep an made of a foam material and actually helps buffer any "blows" to the case to keep makeup undamaged. I took out all of the bottom divider's which left me with a ton of room to store large pallet's, foundations, powders etc. I only gave this a 4 star rating because it could have easily been damaged during shipping, it was only covered in a clear plastic wrap and set into a flimsy cardboard box which was barely holding together by the time I got it. The only other downside is that it smelled horrible, after about 2 weeks it still smelled horrible so I throughly cleaned the inside with disinfecting wipes and it went away immediatly. If you want a great case this is it just be sure to clean it really well as soon as you get it!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? 100%
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
I bought this same case over 10 years ago, but gave it away to my sis about a year ago ( I was moving out of state, couldn't take it) I bought the exact same one just a week ago. I really missed the way it organizes my makeup so neatly. I'm a makeup fanantic and love having my makeup nicely displayed when I open up my case. I used to travel with it alot and surprisingly it never got dent up. I highly recommend this case. Just be careful with loose powders and eyeshadows, if it gets on felt at bottom of box or dividers it's a little stubborn to get out. Aside from that it's the best for what its worth.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? acurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. durable, nice
I wanted this case because I had invested in some expensive make up. This case is wonderful. A lot of the reviews said they issues with the dividers. I had not issues at all. I have moved them around several times. No issues at all. I have A LOT of make up, and I still have plenty of room in this case. I am extremly happy with my purchase. I asbolutely love this case. Thanks Overstock for having such great products and such fast delivery. I love Overstock.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Actually, it is larger than I expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
I had been searching for a good quality train case for my manicure and pedicure items. I was impressed with the versatility of this particular train case because the compartments are adjustable and roomy enough for larger items at the bottom. It is also very sturdy and well-made. I would highly recommend this product. My things are finally organized and all in one place. The order arrived promptly. Thank You Overstock!
I shopped around a bit before purchasing this case & found it to be the best value for the price. I really like the compartment trays that you can customize (by moving the slide in/out walls) to the specific size you want. I store all my most used items here ... eye shadows, lip glosses, etc etc. The inner compartments are a little harder to access so I store my bigger items here so that I can just reach in and get them easily. This case is sturdy enough for everyday use, but I wouldn't check it in at the airport! I love this case, I'm so glad I got it!! Now all my makeup is organized and easy to get to :)
this is a great case for someone with a larger than average makeup collection, fits many items. very easy to clean, trays are plastic with movable dividers, bottom center compartment is slightly padded. useful if your a freelance makeup artist. but not excessively large.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? larger than expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality, very durable
This was just as good as the Mac case I had previously owned. More than enough room for the average owner. I can't answer the storage space question for the professional make-up artist. I have so much room that i can put in my nail products and face tonic bottles too! I just love having the space to put everything in it's place. The adjustable slots is easy to re-arrange to your liking and you can change your mind any time you want. Because this case is so well priced, I plan on giving it out as gifts..
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Outstanding
I am so pleased with this makeup case. Shipping was very quick and was packaged very well.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looks just like the product on the site.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate. I wished there had been more information on the size of this case.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The color and price of this case is just as disscribed on the site. Very well made.
I was surprized to see that the compartments were plastic, and they appear kinda cheap, but it's also super easy to clean so I'm very happy with it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? completely accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality overall. I was surprized to see that the compartments were plastic, and they appear kinda cheap, but it's also super easy to clean so I'm very happy with it.
The train case looks very good from the outside and the dividers on the inside are good. The problem is with the cantilevered lids. They jam when trying to open the bag making it difficult to open the case. The reason is the design of the trays on the inside of the lids. They are meant to open up so as to display their contents. However the hinging mechanism just doesn't work. I have to partially open one side and manipulate the tray inside the lid in order to get it open. And then open the other side while manipulating the trays on that side. I cannot believe that the manufacturer is unaware of this problem. I think they just don't care.
I bought this as a replacement to my old make up case that I lost during a move. My old one was faux leather and cost $30. This one is plastic and cost much more. It's wobbly and not durable at all. I can tell it will break soon. Definitely not worth the price.