I absolutely LOVE this flat iron! Yes it may be a bit pricey, but it is a quality product. I previously had a Conair steam flat iron, and this iron performs much better. I am African American with 3C/4A natural hair and this iron cuts my styling time in half. The steam makes my hair silky and straight without being too damaging or drying. I highly recommend this flat iron to anyone with curly hair.
OMG! This flat iron is the answer to that hard to straighten hair. Flat irons that you have to pass numerous times for your hair to be straight are no longer needed. I straightened my hair on a much lower setting from what the directions recommend and it still came out straight as if a professional salon did my hair. I'm black with a natural hair texture and I'm very pleased. You won't be disappointed!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good condition. Just a few very small scratches on the body, but very nice and I love the long sleek look of the body. Very light weight too.
My styalist recommended that I give this a try. He said it would help my hair to stay straight throughout the day. Since I live in a very humid climate and have wavy hair it's a great help. I was worried that it might take a little practice to master, but it was very easy to use. I don't even use my old flat iron anymore.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
I've never bought a more sophisticated instrument for styling my hair. For starters, I was very impressed with its lovely white storage box and packaging; the extra removeable water chamber included; and with the silicone mat for protecting countertops from the heat. The Babyliss Pro TT is very easy to use, and it straightened my hair wonderfully in one pass. I was excited by the idea of a steam straightener because my hair is often very dry (due to West Coast climate); I'm convinced that the steam will be great for my hair. It's great that there's an option of using it either with the retractable teeth, or as a normal flat iron, and I also love the fact that it has real temperature controls - not just high and low. My only complaint is that the spare water chamber arrived damaged and unusable (hopefully they'll send me another), but otherwise, the Babyliss Pro TT Steam Styler is a joy to use: great value for the Overstock.com price.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It looked exactly as it did on the site.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is frist-rate.
I have only used the steam styler once. My hair is curly and I had not blow dried it, so it was super curly. The steam straighter worked very nicely on straighten my hair. The only drawback is that you have to refilling the water container and that can be a pain, if you are in a hurry.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Babyliss is a well made product
Really good product! The option to use the built in comb &/or steam is great for straightening, especially thick hair like mine. Heats up instantly and nice design. I was confused about which flat iron to purchase and I'm really glad I chose this one. It works great for me. Great price and arrived before I expected!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Identical
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurately described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Works great! Heats up instantly!
I absolutely love this flatiron. I previously went to a professional to have my hair done. Now I can do it at home myself, and save a lot of money. It is the exact same flatiron that she uses. So happy I found it here!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? I was specifically looking for this flatiron. It was exactly what I wanted.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product quality is excellent.
I really like this straightener, It works well, and is easy to handle. I am an African-American female who recently decided to stop using relaxers on my hair. I would suggest starting out at a low setting and working your way up the dial as needed. This product does get very hot . This straightener has been a huge help to me and I would highly recommend it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent condition
Bought it for my 13 years old daughter who has very thick, long and wavy hair. What used to take her 30 minutes before, now takes only 10 minutes. I am going to buy another one for myself.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? as pictured
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
I became hooked on the steam flat iron when my salon started using the Redken professional version so I went online and started looking for a home alternative. I found this one on various websites from $50 to $160. All of them had mostly great reviews so I ordered it. I have been using salon quality flat irons for many years and this one is my favorite. Used w/o hair product it leaves my hair softer and smoother. Used with Redken Smooth Lock and Moroccanoil Treatment my hair has never looked or felt healthier (and I get my hair bleached blonde). I recommend using distilled water to prevent mineral buildup in the flat iron. I don't find that the water reservoir lasts as many passes as stated. I have to fill mine every time I style my hair but that is not an issue to me. It should also be noted that if you set it down for more than 30 seconds or so you have to turn the steam back on by closing/opening the flat iron two or three times. Also, no big deal but some people might think it's defective since they don't explain this in the instructions. One last thing: If you wear eyelash extensions keep the steam away from them or they will melt! It's not hard, just guide the hair out away from your face instead down in front of your face.
Well, as far as the ironing goes, it works well, but I haven't seen any steam emitted from the iron, while I have water in the reservoir and the steam setting is on high. The unit heats up real fast and hot, but you cannot place it up against the scalp, it'll burn you. I think I'm going to try the Perfecter.
I received the styler yesterday and used it this morning. I have 4a type. I shampooed and blow dryed my hair. I then used this wonderful tool! It made my hair straight and shiny with one pass through! It was awesome. Better than the other steam styler! I am going to buy another just so I will never be without one!
First and foremost, background info. I am a Black woman with 4b natural hair. I have recently kind of become overwhelmed with trying to style my hair in it's Afro state. In all honestly, I have really bad shrinkage and just hate the way my hair shrinks up. I prefer longer hair and my Afro makes it seems as though my hair would be short. Soooooo lately, maybe one month at a time, I experiment with trying to straighten my hair because I moved to Virginia back in January and don't know anyone that I would allow to do my hair. So all together I have made this attempt like 3 different time. Each time coming out with the same result. A BIG STRAIGHT PUFFY AFRO. I don't want bone straight, but I don't want it to look like all I did was blow dry it out. So for months on end I had been researching this one flat iron. In the beginning I could not find a review that supported the idea or fact that this flat iron would work fine with my hair type so I purchased the HSI PROFESSIONAL 1 CERAMIC TOURMALINE IONIC FLAT IRON HAIR STRAIGHTENER on Amazon. Um. I did not really like that one. It didn't seem to really, I dunno, I just didn't like it. As soon as I got this one I was so ecstatic about it. I used it the very next day. I must say, I did not have a good moisturizer to condition my hair with for blow drying. With that said, I feel like I may have slightly caused some heat damage while blow drying. However, I feel as though the steam prevented any further damage from occurring. My hair was extremely soft and just extremely flowy (not a real word). Based off the instructions in the book I placed my heat setting at like 17 or 18. I personally would not go over 20, even if felt like my hair was still not easy to straighten. I used the full steam setting and I did not use the extended plates that I guess are suppose to pose as a comb. Everything was going fine with this straightening attempt until I got lazy. I am pleased with the results that I got despite the fact that I did not have a good moisturizer for straightening. The olive oil mango butter I use on a regular basis in my hair works fine without heat, but it was not good for blow drying and I need something a little lighter and or with a different consistency to use when I want to straighten it. I will say one thing though: I kind of burned my hand a few times when I would turn my hand a certain way the steam just kind hit it with a lot of force. So I would be more careful next time of where I place my free hand.
I have probably purchased 10-12 straighteners over the years -- this is my second with steam which really helps straighten curly hair, moisturizing it and adding shine. I love my Babyliss Pro TT Tourmaline Steam Styler. I can add flips, waves or straighten and it stays. I have curly fine hair but feel it would probably work on any hair
It creates smooth, shiney, straight hair. With all the different heat settings-and the option of steam, this flat iron has great potential for many hair types. Love the extra long cord! Easy to fill water container with the refill bottle included. And the free heat protecting pad makes it safe to step away for a sec.
My hair never looked better. Shine is unbelievable. I never used a hair straightener before. Decided this was worth trying. I get more compliments on my hair than ever People ask me where I get my hair done. I love the steam feature if you want it. Being able to use it when I want is great. Overstock has the best price on this. I did my homework. You wont be sorry you purchased this product by baby bliss.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100 percent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
Have been looking for a steam straightener and got this one for half the price.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good