I would also like to ask for the brand on this item. And a response of "no brand listed" is not really a good customer service response. If no brand is listed in the database, please take the extra step to inquire further. I will be buying a violin this holiday season and your response will decide on where I make my purchase.
Sounds okay, not absolutely terrific, but great for my 7 year old....
Orchestra Approved Student Violin W/ Case and Shoulder Rest (7 Sizes)
- Enjoy the sweet sound of concertos and sonatas with this orchestra approved student violin
- Handmade with a carved maple back and sides
- This violin boasts excellent tonal properties
- Available in seven sizes: 4/4, 3/4, 1/2 ,1/4 ,1/8, 1/16 and 1/32
- Includes shoulder rest (note: on sizes 1/16 and 1/32 a free set of strings and free tuner will be substituted)
- Top and backs graduated by hand
- Solid spruce top with a sturdy chin rest
- Durable nylon covered case
- Interior lined with soft fabric in forest green or dark beige
- Perfect for beginners
- Includes a Mongolian horsehair bow and a nylon case with strap
- Materials: Maple, spruce, alloy
- It is recommend your student be carefully measured to confirm his/her correct violin size
- 4/4: 14 inches (recommended for ages 9-adult)
- 3/4: 13-1/4 inches (recommended for ages 9-11)
- 1/2: 12-7/8 inches (recommended for ages 6-10)
- 1/4: 11 inches (recommended for ages 5-8)
- 1/8: 10 1/4 inches (recommended for ages 4-7)
- 1/16: 9 1/4 inches (recommended for ages 3-6)
- 1/32: 8 inches (recommended for ages 3-5)
- 4/4: 23.5 inches (recommended for ages 9-adult)
- 3/4: 21.75 inches (recommended for ages 9-11)
- 1/2: 20.5 inches (recommended for ages 6-10)
- 1/4: 18.75 inches (recommended for ages 5-8)
- 1/8: 17 inches (recommended for ages 4-7)
- 1/16: 15 inches (recommended for ages 3-6)
- 1/32: 13.25 inches (recommended for ages 3-5)
- 4/4: 7.5 inches (recommended for ages 9-adult)
- 3/4: 7 inches (recommended for ages 9-11)
- 1/2: 6.75 inches (recommended for ages 6-10)
- 1/4: 6.25 inches (recommended for ages 5-8)
- 1/8: 5.75 inches (recommended for ages 4-7)
- 1/16: 5.25 inches (recommended for ages 3-6)
- 1/32: 4.75 inches (recommended for ages 3-5)
|Recipient||Daughter Son Teen Boy Teen Girl|
|Dimensions||3 in. D x 20 in. L x 9 in. W|
|Warranty||No Warranty Supplied|
|Materials||Maple, spruce, misc. alloy material|
- Disclosures & Guidelines
- Filter By:
- Most Helpful
- Most Recent
Sounds okay, not absolutely terrific, but great for my 7 year old.Read More
the wood the holds the string was really looseRead More
The only problem i had was with the rosin, it had hardened, but once moistened with steam, i was able to apply it to the strings.Read More
We bought this product from overstock, since our daughter was eager to play. The violin arrived, and at first it looked, and sounded great. However, after one day of playing, it would no longer stay in tune! The tuning dowels are loose, and stay that way. When you try to tighten the strings, they immediately untighten themselves before your eyes. Now we have to take this in to get looked at by a professional, to see if it can be helped. This violin now has been sitting in it's case for over a month because it is unplayable! Daughter is complaining for another violin, one that she can play. I wish now we had of bought locally, and invested a little more into a better product. This product is junk. Save your money, because mine went OUT the window on this instrument they claim is a violin. Very unsatisfied!!!Read More
I did not want to have to rent or purchase a $*** violin until my daughter grew into a full size. Based on reviews I purchased this. It was humiliating, the instructor sent my daughter back to tell me the violin was not only inadequate, but was not even worthy of being called a violin. Part of me was mad that $&@#% was so arrogant , and thought maybe... I got what I paid for...but the piece she played on last year was half the price and only had to upgrade bow and bridge. That is what I was expecting here. Not the case, save your money and rent until they make it to full size.Read More
Nice quality violin for the beginner. My daughter played this for two years before she needed the full size violin. Definitely cheaper than renting!!Read More
We ordered this for our 6-year-old to start lessons and have been very pleased with it. Her instructor, who plays professionally for a metropolitan orchestra, has commented numerous times on its nice tone and was astonished when we told him it cost around $***. Let me point out, however, that he noted that the bridge would eventually need to be replaced because one of the strings is too far apart (this is not an expensive item and is easily switched out). It won't be an issue for us, he says, because our daughter will outgrow the violin by the time she is ready to practice that final string. Overall we are very happy with our purchase.Read More
Questions & Answers
Hello shellnjigs, This violin has received great reviews! Unfortunately, we are unable to disclose the manufacturer of some of our products; however, Overstock.com stands behind every product we sell. When necessary we can contact suppliers if a product issue arises. I apologize that we're not able to provide this information and hope that you will give Overstock.com a chance this holiday season. Thank you for shopping with us.
What brand is this? Thanks!
Thank you for your inquiry. There is no brand listed for this item. Please feel free to contact us again with any further questions.
Does the violin come with the shoulder pad shown in the 3rd photo?
Yes. The strap pad is included.
Shopping Tips & Inspiration
How to Choose a Musical Instrument
How to Choose a Musical Instrument from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about how to choose a musical instrument and advice about our many brand-name products.
Best Musical Instruments for Children
Best Musical Instruments for Children from Overstock.com. You have many reasons for wanting to buy your child a musical instrument, but which musical instrument is best for your child?
Buying Gifts for Music Lovers
Buying Gifts for Music Lovers from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about buying gifts for music lovers and advice about our many brand-name products.
Top Toys for Christmas
Shop and save on hot toys for boys and girls. Overstock.com has the most popular toys for Christmas 2014.
Gift Enhancers from Overstock.com. Don't be left disappointed with an incomplete gift! Shop for the batteries, memory cards, TV mounts, and cell phone accessories you need to complete every gift this Christmas.
Tips on Play Date Etiquette
Tips on Play Date Etiquette from Overstock.com. Play dates are excellent for little children to develop social skills. Here's how to help it go smoothly.
Top Christmas Toys for Girls
Top Christmas 2014 Toys for Girls from Overstock.com. The best toys for girls will stimulate her imagination, help with her development, keep her entertained, and inspire her, too.
Top Christmas Toys for Boys
Top Christmas 2014 Toys for Boys from Overstock.com. Are you looking for the hottest toys for Christmas? Be sure to put a few of these top toys on your shopping list.
Top Toddler Toys for Christmas
Top Toddler Toys for Christmas 2014 from Overstock.com. The best toddler toys will help your young children explore their world and expand their imaginations. Here's what to get your toddler for Christmas.
Tips on Finding the Best Toys for Your Child
Tips on Finding the Best Toys for Your Child from Overstock.com. A few simple observations can help you find the perfect toy for your son or daughter.
Shipping & Returns
Usually leaves our warehouse in 1-2 business days. *
Standard Return Policy:
Standard shipping details
Expedited shipping details