We ordered this for our 6-year-old to start lessons and have been very pleased with it. Her instructor, who plays professionally for a metropolitan orchestra, has commented numerous times on its nice tone and was astonished when we told him it cost around $***. Let me point out, however, that he noted that the bridge would eventually need to be replaced because one of the strings is too far apart (this is not an expensive item and is easily switched out). It won't be an issue for us, he says, because our daughter will outgrow the violin by the time she is ready to practice that final string. Overall we are very happy with our purchase.
We bought this product from overstock, since our daughter was eager to play. The violin arrived, and at first it looked, and sounded great. However, after one day of playing, it would no longer stay in tune! The tuning dowels are loose, and stay that way. When you try to tighten the strings, they immediately untighten themselves before your eyes. Now we have to take this in to get looked at by a professional, to see if it can be helped. This violin now has been sitting in it's case for over a month because it is unplayable! Daughter is complaining for another violin, one that she can play. I wish now we had of bought locally, and invested a little more into a better product. This product is junk. Save your money, because mine went OUT the window on this instrument they claim is a violin. Very unsatisfied!!!
- How accurate was the sizing? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very poor
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No
I previously sent another violin to my grandson and it was not a quality product. Upon receiving the violin purchased from Overstock, my grandson was very pleased and my son and daughter-in-law had very positive comments to make. This violin is an excellent beginner musical instrument.
- How accurate was the sizing? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very satisfactory
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? None
My grand daughter loves her new violin. We couldn't have made a better product selection for her needs.
- How accurate was the sizing? After I ordered the wrong sizing, the supplier promply helped me return and get the size I needed.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The violin and beautifully made.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
i am happy with it and my 5 year loves learning to play on it.. My music place just likes to chaulk the strings so they stay in tune longer.. But it is great, love the case.. it is very neat..
- How accurate was the sizing? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. i am happy with it and my 5 year loves learning to play on it..
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? It looked great
I bought this for my kid for her violin class and she loved it.
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exellent quality at a great price
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No defects
Great Violin for beginners. Purchased for my daughter, and the only problem I see is that you have to tune it every time you play it. But from what I hear you have to do that with them all. Better quality than I expected and came fully assembled only the bridge needed to be placed. Bow and chin rest was beautiful as well.
- How accurate was the sizing? Very Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality for Price
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No, Only a minor stitching error on case. Don't see this as the norm though.
We were surprised by the quality and sound from this violin. It is a good beginner violin. Information about tuning the violin was included. Overall, we are pleased with the product and would buy it again.
- How accurate was the sizing? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
I am a violin teacher. I purchased it for my 10-year old daughter. Tone-wise, it's a very good violin for beginners at a very reasonable price. It came with a good bow and case. However, the adjuster screws on the tail piece are of poor quality. I could not adjust the tune with any of the fine adjuster screws; they appear stuck and are very hard to rotate. A simple examination by the seller would have revealed this defect; but it appears that was not done.
Overall an excellent buy, 1/2 size violin for a 7 year old beginner. Tone is excellent after changing the original strings for Perlon core string set. Spent four hours fitting the bridge and pegs. Pegs were not fitted, and violin came with two unfitted bridges. Plan on spending some set up time or find someone that knows how to fit the instrument. Original chin rest (over the tail piece type) was way too tall for a 7 year old. Replaced chin rest with a shorter style (beside the tail piece type). Wooden bow that came with the set is acceptable for a student, with real horsehair. Case is foam core with zipper nylon shell and flocked interior; attractive enough, light weight, with back pack style shoulder straps on the bottom. Came with a plastic and rubber shoulder rest that fits acceptably. Sound post was properly positioned and violin body has good glue joints. Again, the tone after fitting and string replacement is excellent for a student violin.
I have played many different violins in my musical career. This violin is great for people starting out. The sound quality is good, and for the price, this is a GREAT buy! I gave the violin as a gift, once I tested it out and made sure it was in good condition. If you are looking to start playing and don't have a lot of money, this is the perfect violin for you!
I purchased this awhile ago and so far I am a little disappointed. The violin does not hold the note for very long after tuning, the pegs slip during tuning, and once the bridge popped off. The sound is good for a violin of this nature, and it looks nice. However when I took it to a violin repair shop to properly place the bridge on and to fixs the pegs, I was told I would need to purchase new pegs and a bridge because the ones that came with the violin do not fit properly. Perhaps I just got a bad one however be cautious when considering this violin......
My 5yr old asked Santa for a violin. I wanted something that he could actually take lessons with, but didn't want to spend a lot of money. From what I can tell this is a good violin for a 5 yr old. If he continues to show interest with lessons, we will go up in quality, but I am happy with this violin for now.