I would also like to ask for the brand on this item. And a response of "no brand listed" is not really a good customer service response. If no brand is listed in the database, please take the extra step to inquire further. I will be buying a violin this holiday season and your response will decide on where I make my purchase.
Sounds okay, not absolutely terrific, but great for my 7 year old....
Orchestra Approved Student Violin W/ Case and Shoulder Rest (7 Sizes)
- Enjoy the sweet sound of concertos and sonatas with this orchestra approved student violin
- Handmade with a carved maple back and sides
- This violin boasts excellent tonal properties
- Available in seven sizes: 4/4, 3/4, 1/2 ,1/4 ,1/8, 1/16 and 1/32
- Includes shoulder rest (note: on sizes 1/16 and 1/32 a free set of strings and free tuner will be substituted)
- Top and backs graduated by hand
- Solid spruce top with a sturdy chin rest
- Durable nylon covered case
- Interior lined with soft fabric in forest green or dark beige
- Perfect for beginners
- Includes a Mongolian horsehair bow and a nylon case with strap
- Materials: Maple, spruce, alloy
- It is recommend your student be carefully measured to confirm his/her correct violin size
- 4/4: 14 inches (recommended for ages 9-adult)
- 3/4: 13-1/4 inches (recommended for ages 9-11)
- 1/2: 12-7/8 inches (recommended for ages 6-10)
- 1/4: 11 inches (recommended for ages 5-8)
- 1/8: 10 1/4 inches (recommended for ages 4-7)
- 1/16: 9 1/4 inches (recommended for ages 3-6)
- 1/32: 8 inches (recommended for ages 3-5)
- 4/4: 23.5 inches (recommended for ages 9-adult)
- 3/4: 21.75 inches (recommended for ages 9-11)
- 1/2: 20.5 inches (recommended for ages 6-10)
- 1/4: 18.75 inches (recommended for ages 5-8)
- 1/8: 17 inches (recommended for ages 4-7)
- 1/16: 15 inches (recommended for ages 3-6)
- 1/32: 13.25 inches (recommended for ages 3-5)
- 4/4: 7.5 inches (recommended for ages 9-adult)
- 3/4: 7 inches (recommended for ages 9-11)
- 1/2: 6.75 inches (recommended for ages 6-10)
- 1/4: 6.25 inches (recommended for ages 5-8)
- 1/8: 5.75 inches (recommended for ages 4-7)
- 1/16: 5.25 inches (recommended for ages 3-6)
- 1/32: 4.75 inches (recommended for ages 3-5)
|Recipient||Daughter Son Teen Boy Teen Girl|
|Dimensions||3 in. D x 20 in. L x 9 in. W|
|Warranty||No Warranty Supplied|
|Materials||Maple, spruce, misc. alloy material|
- Disclosures & Guidelines
- Filter By:
- Most Helpful
- Most Recent
Sounds okay, not absolutely terrific, but great for my 7 year old.Read More
the wood the holds the string was really looseRead More
The only problem i had was with the rosin, it had hardened, but once moistened with steam, i was able to apply it to the strings.Read More
We bought this product from overstock, since our daughter was eager to play. The violin arrived, and at first it looked, and sounded great. However, after one day of playing, it would no longer stay in tune! The tuning dowels are loose, and stay that way. When you try to tighten the strings, they immediately untighten themselves before your eyes. Now we have to take this in to get looked at by a professional, to see if it can be helped. This violin now has been sitting in it's case for over a month because it is unplayable! Daughter is complaining for another violin, one that she can play. I wish now we had of bought locally, and invested a little more into a better product. This product is junk. Save your money, because mine went OUT the window on this instrument they claim is a violin. Very unsatisfied!!!Read More
I did not want to have to rent or purchase a $*** violin until my daughter grew into a full size. Based on reviews I purchased this. It was humiliating, the instructor sent my daughter back to tell me the violin was not only inadequate, but was not even worthy of being called a violin. Part of me was mad that $&@#% was so arrogant , and thought maybe... I got what I paid for...but the piece she played on last year was half the price and only had to upgrade bow and bridge. That is what I was expecting here. Not the case, save your money and rent until they make it to full size.Read More
Nice quality violin for the beginner. My daughter played this for two years before she needed the full size violin. Definitely cheaper than renting!!Read More
We ordered this for our 6-year-old to start lessons and have been very pleased with it. Her instructor, who plays professionally for a metropolitan orchestra, has commented numerous times on its nice tone and was astonished when we told him it cost around $***. Let me point out, however, that he noted that the bridge would eventually need to be replaced because one of the strings is too far apart (this is not an expensive item and is easily switched out). It won't be an issue for us, he says, because our daughter will outgrow the violin by the time she is ready to practice that final string. Overall we are very happy with our purchase.Read More
Questions & Answers
Hello shellnjigs, This violin has received great reviews! Unfortunately, we are unable to disclose the manufacturer of some of our products; however, Overstock.com stands behind every product we sell. When necessary we can contact suppliers if a product issue arises. I apologize that we're not able to provide this information and hope that you will give Overstock.com a chance this holiday season. Thank you for shopping with us.
What brand is this? Thanks!
Thank you for your inquiry. There is no brand listed for this item. Please feel free to contact us again with any further questions.
Does the violin come with the shoulder pad shown in the 3rd photo?
Yes. The strap pad is included.
Shopping Tips & Inspiration
Best Musical Instruments for Children
Best Musical Instruments for Children from Overstock.com. You have many reasons for wanting to buy your child a musical instrument, but which musical instrument is best for your child?
Top 5 Gift Ideas for a Bachelorette Party
Top 5 Gift Ideas for a Bachelorette Party from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with bachelorette party gift ideas and advice about our many brand-name products.
Family and friends want to buy gifts for the grad. Chances are, the grad wants to look great and impress at the ceremony. They all should shop here for graduation.
Best Father's Day Gifts for Young Dads
Best Father's Day Gifts for Young Dads from Overstock.com. Whether he's a brand-new father or simply started fatherhood early in life, here's how to find the perfect gift.
How to Choose a Birthday Gift for Dad
How to Choose a Birthday Gift for Dad from Overstock.com. Shopping for Dad is tricky but not impossible. Learn how to pick the perfect birthday gift for your dad.
What People Really Want for Valentine's Day
What People Really Want for Valentine's Day from Overstock.com. We surveyed our customers to see what they really want for Valentine's Day. The answers may surprise you!
Valentine's Party Decoration Ideas
Valentine's Party Decoration Ideas from Overstock.com. Whether you decide to throw a casual get-together or a more formal Valentine's affair, these decorating tips will help create a happy celebration for you and your guests.
Holiday Gifts for People You Hate
Holiday Gifts for People You Hate from Overstock.com. You just can't count on Santa Claus to deliver all the lumps of coal people deserve. Embrace your inner Grinch and turn the season into an opportunity.
Top 5 Personalized Gift Ideas
Top 5 Personalized Gift Ideas from Overstock.com. A personalized gift can help show someone you care and help your gift stand out in a crowd.
Top 10 Gifts for a 30th Birthday
Top 10 Gifts for a 30th Birthday from Overstock.com. From understated tokens to festive gifts, here are the most popular 30th birthday gift ideas.
Zodiac Facts - Gemini
Zodiac Facts: Gemini from Overstock.com. Once you learn a few facts about people born under the sign of Gemini, it will be easy to shop for birthday gifts for them.
Wedding Bells At Pride Parade
Shipping & Returns
Usually leaves our warehouse in 1-2 business days. *
Standard Return Policy:
Standard shipping details
Expedited shipping details