1) What type of material is it - paste? powder? briquets? sticks? other? 2) What is the burn time per weight unit ? 3) If it burns wet firewood at almost 1000°F, that means it's not suitable for normal cooking temperatures of 350-450, right ? 4) What is the weight of the fuel without the packaging ?
Ready Fire Nontoxic Fuel and Fire Starter Made from Recycled Materials
Use quick-lighting Ready Fire to get your fire started. It is a fire starter and fuel in one that works great for fireplaces, barbeque grills, camping, and emergency preparedness. This is a safe, non-toxic way to store fuel, which burns clean.
ITEM#: 14235884Ready Fire is a fire starter and fuel in one. Great for fireplaces, barbeques, scouting, hiking, camping, boating, and emergency preparedness. This is a safe, non-toxic, non-combustable way to store fuel, and it burns 'green', no harmful chemicals. With a 30 year shelf life, Ready Fire is the perfect companion to your emergency food supply and all your winter and summer activities.
- Made from recycled materials
- 30 year shelf life
- Burns 'green'. No harmful chemicals
- No Benzine
- Safely stores near food does not affect taste
- Perfect substitute for wood charcoal or propane
- Lights and burns in wind, rain, sleet or snow
- Burns wet firewood at almost 1000°F, Ready Fire™ quickly dries out wet wood
- Lights in less than a second
- Compact and lightweight. Easily fits and carries anywhere
Questions & Answers
Thank you for your interest. It actually has the look of kitty litter. Burn time will vary depending on how much is in a burn pile. No, this is completely suitable for cooking food, as the fuel will need to be placed under a pot or pan but not directly on top. You lose heat the higher from the fuel source you go.The bucket weighs 16 pounds. Please feel free to contact us again with any further questions.
What size in pounds or gallons is this bucket?
its 18x13x13 i asked them, sounds like a 2 gallon bucket, i wanted to know to
It's a typical 6 gallon bucket.
Shopping Tips & Inspiration
Create the Perfect Bug-Out Bag
Create the Perfect Bug-Out Bag from Overstock.com. Learn how to create the perfect bug-out bag and shop for the survival gear that will give you and your family 72 hours of critical emergency supplies.
How to Prepare For a Disease Outbreak
How to Prepare For a Disease Outbreak from Overstock.com. Taking preventative steps and making an emergency preparedness plan will help you be better prepared for disease outbreaks.
Emergency Preparedness Buying Guide
Emergency Preparedness Buying Guide from Overstock.com. Make sure you have these emergency preparedness essentials, whether you are just starting to build your kit or taking inventory of your existing supplies.
Shipping & Returns
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
This item cannot be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii. More details
Our standard shipping method is ground shipping. We also offer expedited shipping for most items. Your final
shipping cost and estimated delivery timeframe will be available at checkout.
Standard shipping details
Expedited shipping details
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.