Can you charge smaller electronics directly? What is best wat to accomplish this?
C&G Portable 40-watt Solar Panel Charger
- Materials: Mono-Crystalline 40-watt portable solar charger
- Capacity: 40W
- Design: Foldable
- One (1) solar charger panel
- One (1) MPPT charger controller
- One (1) car battery cable
- 16.5 percent conversion rate
- Shelf-life: 10 years
- Open dimensions: 1 inch high x 24 inches wide x 29 inches long
- Folded dimensions: 2 inches high x 10 inches wide x 12 inches long
- Model: CG-40W
|Warranty||1 year Limited Distributor|
- Disclosures & Guidelines
- Filter By:
- Most Helpful
- Most Recent
Note: I've only tested and used the fold-up panel itself and not the charger that comes with it. Voltage and current specifications were missing from the product site, so I took a chance on this 40 watt fold-up panel. I tested the open circuit in full sun with a multimeter and the measurements added up so I even ordered a second one! As I mentioned above, I haven't used the MPPT battery charger. These panels are for recharging my offroad vehicle's auxiliary battery when camping and I already have a high-end battery charger. Hence the intended purpose, having 40W of PV that can fold into the size of a ream of paper is great!Read More
Questions & Answers
No, you cannot.
The wires do not seem long enough to have the solar panels away from the battery. Are there sources for additional length of wire so panels can be 6 -12 ft away?
We apologize, but we do not sell additional wire.
Which lead do you hook up from the charge controller to the battery? What does it mean when the green light is flashing on the charge controller?
The positive/negative hook to the battery. These are the clips which then connect to the panel-battery pack. The flashing green light indicates the item is charging.
The flashing green light means that the item is being charged.
1. MPPT Controller has printed marks on two sides- show Battery & Solar Panel respectively. Two leads come out from Printed Battery mark - where the Battery connect to. One lead come oout from Solar Panel-where the Solar panel connect to. Need to Connect to Battery first, then connect to Solar panel. order reversed may cause damages the electronic. 2. MPPT controller IC has 4 charging Modes. Pre-Charge mode-- red flash voltage < 10.5V CC mode (constant Current)-- red CV mode ( Constant voltage)--red floating mode-- green flash C&G 96W (12Vx8Ah) lithium Battery fully charged at 12.6V, Car Battery fully charged at 13.8V.
Shopping Tips & Inspiration
Create the Perfect Bug-Out Bag
Create the Perfect Bug-Out Bag from Overstock.com. Learn how to create the perfect bug-out bag and shop for the survival gear that will give you and your family 72 hours of critical emergency supplies.
How to Prepare For a Disease Outbreak
How to Prepare For a Disease Outbreak from Overstock.com. Taking preventative steps and making an emergency preparedness plan will help you be better prepared for disease outbreaks.
Emergency Preparedness Buying Guide
Emergency Preparedness Buying Guide from Overstock.com. Make sure you have these emergency preparedness essentials, whether you are just starting to build your kit or taking inventory of your existing supplies.
Wedding Bells At Pride Parade
Shipping & Returns
Standard Return Policy:
Standard shipping details
Expedited shipping details