The ingredients list from the cans we received reads: "Cheese powder (whey, buttermilk solids,cheeses [granular and cheddar pasturized milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes], whey protein concentrate, salt, sodium phosphate, citric acid, FD&C yellow #5, FD&C yellow #6, lactic acid, enzymes), modified corn starch, creamer (maltodextrin, palm oi), silicon dioxide." We are only giving this an "Average" 3 stars rating, because, Since the product name is "Cheese Blend Powder" and no further info about ingredients, and the can displaying a wedge of cheese, we assumed it was a blend of various types of Real Cheese. We dislike the fake cheese flavored stuff you get with the buck a box mac & cheese....and never thought that this would be what we were buying, at $** a can for 43 servings (of just the sauce for the rest of your meal). Unfortunately, as we all know, these days you have to vote for the bill to see what's in the bill.... We are trying to have an emergency food storage, which we are finding very costly to do; most products cost well over $1 per serving, and this product reinforces our experience that not only are ingredients difficult to ascertain, serving size also is difficult to ascertain. Since we often use a homemade cheese sauce to pull together a simple meal, we thought this would be something very familiar for an emergency situation, to be able to make the stored foods seem familiar. This will be part of our stored foods, but we'll not buy any more. We continue to search for Real Cheese, and with all the surplus cheese around, there has to be some place that has put it all in cans, without colorings, for $** a can.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? looks exactly like what we received
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate--contains more than just cheese
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. unknown--this is for long-term storage so we haven't opened it yet (once opened, shelf life a year or less).
Using in omelets, mac and cheese, etc. Easier to use and don't have to worry about mold. Will be purchasing more.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good.
The cheese powder worked well in rice with dehydrated vegies.........added to rice,water and vegies.....just like packaged products at less cost.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Packiging good,product good also.