If you believe in preparing for the worst and hoping for the best, consider adding this Augason Farms food storage to your stockpile. In addition to 300 servings of food, this emergency kit provides essential supplies for dealing with the unexpected....more
Augason Farms 300 Servings 30 Day Food Storage Emergency All-in-One Pail includes delicious easy-to-make food for one person. It also includes a self-filtering water bottle, FireOn (a quick lighting fuel source), and meal planner, all packed in an easily transportable, watertight 6-gallon pail.
This emergency pail has a 1 year shelf life once it has been opened, if unopened, it has a 20 year shelf life. It will provide you with 1,875 calories for 30 straight days. Sealed pouches offer eight different food varieties and the self filtering water bottle removes 99.9 percent of bacteria and contaminants from water.
Up to 20 year shelf life sealed; pouch life up to 1 year after opening
Guaranteed to contain 300 servings that can provide 1,857 calories per day for 30 days
Easy to use self-filtering water bottle filters up to 100 gallons and 99.9-percent of bacteria, viruses, contaminants, and pollutants
FireOn is a safe, burnable material that lights quickly in even the worst conditions
300 Total servings: Each delicious meal takes 20 minutes or less to prepare just add water
30 Day Meal Planner, plus extended 45 Day Meal Planner
No high fructose corn syrup or trans fats.
Eight food varieties in pouches sealed with oxygen absorbers or nitrogen flushed
Don't be lulled into false security.
1. Added minimum 3 - 1 litre bottles of water. The first days of an emergency water might be scarce
2. The Aquamira bottle included is very nice and good for 100 gallons of water . . . however Aquamira also sells Water Treatment Drops (1oz) as a cheap backup and treats 30 gallons. Chemical treatment is consider a superior guard against bad water. Without water this kit is useless. Est cost $12
3. The Fire On disk is an emergency fire starter ONLY. Estimating 30 days requires 20 hours of heating fuel. A safe and reliable cooking stove is essential. Pocket stoves are easy to find, plus add sufficient fuel that works with your stove. Make sure you have at least two types of fire starters. COST EST $30
4.. To conserve fuel consider making two meals at a time and put the 2nd meal in a wide mouth thermos (a 28 oz plastic Thermos with a sturdy built in handle works well) A wide mouth Nalgene bottle would NOT be an appropriate alternative. COST EST $8
5. This kit requires hot water (warm water for milk) for every meal which is unrealistic if your group includes kids or the elderly. 1-2 boxes of crackers w/peanut butter, canned cheese or foil pouch tuna or chicken are a cheap solution. These can be rotated yearly which adds to your long term cost and a serious omission of this particular kit. COST EST $20
7. No flavor enhances was a surprise. Some long term food storage kits have up to 20% of the total contents/calories as Kool-aid or Gaterade like drinks. I added 24 individual servings foil wrapped water enhancers designed to be poured into a liter water bottle They are easy to find. COST EST $8
8. The kit may be nutritionally sound but added several bags of dried fruit, nuts and multi-serving pouches of vegetables.which can be purchased on line or at a local camping store. COST EST $20
9. In times of stress, sweets are a quick moral boost. Fun size M & M's, individual servings of hot chocolate mix instant coffee, a couple freeze dried Mountain House desserts add to the overall cost but if you are 'addicted' to eating sweets or coffee you might not be able to live without them COST EST $24
10. Add measuring utensils. The directions specify 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 & 1 cup measurements as well as 1 & 2 tbsp which seems a bit complicated. You also will need approx 2 cup cooking pot (larger if making more than 1 person servings) , a metal cup and plate, plus 2 or 3 1 oz purse size hand sanitizers and two dry wash cloth, aluminum foil and coffee filters. Most can be purchased at a dollar store. COST EST $12
11. The county extension office offered a class in homeland security and recommends several screw cap plastic bottles be added to a food storage kit to secure dry-powdered food or keep uneaten loose food. A recycled plastic peanut butter jar and a open mouth mayonnaise jar were suggested
12. An additional safeguard to consider is a 72-hour MRE kit which may be unnecessary but me I'm a bit uneasy having the bulk of emergency food to be from the same source. COST $38
All the above suggestions can be put in a zippered canvas bag or back pack and secured to the Augason kit with a clip or a bungy cord. The quality of food available is a deal breaker to how well an individual tolerates adversity. The items suggested above adds $180 but likely can stretch a 30-45 day kit into a realistic 60 day kit (or 30 day for two people) which makes the purchase of the Augason 300 meal kit plus add-ons still an affordable option for home preparedness.
I am not quite sure how they managed to get so much in one bucket! The food is packaged will in sealed pouches. Some of them have zipper sealers so you can use it over a number of days instead of all at once.
The food tastes great - even my daughter likes it! I like the selection and variety.
The price was great. If I can eat for a month for only $***hat makes a big difference to my budget!
The bonus to me is the water filter and the burners included! This is a no brainier. I'll be ordering more.
How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Same
How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good. Packaged well, easy to make, very tasty.
I am very please with the overall qulaity, price and ordering of this product. Overstock provides better than competitive pricing on this iten and to include shipping for free, you definately can't go wrong.
How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Spot on.
How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent and informative
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good and when I am starving I imagine it will taste even better!
Compared to other "30 day" or 4 week emergency. I am not so interested in the flavor, though it would help. It's the fact that I have emergency supplies in case of problems. It was a reasonable price for the variety of food. I eat to live and if I have to open this pail, we're not dining, we're trying to survive.
I am pleased with the Pail. Have put it into storage for that rainy day when it is necessary to open and use. Have not tried any of the products so I do not know much about the quality of the products.
This seems like a pretty complete and easy-to-use product package. I especially like the water filter. Because I am gluten intolerant, there are a lot of products in this food supply that I can't eat, but the rest of my family can. I would love to see an emergency food supply for those of us who can't eat wheat.Carol M. on Apr 21, 2015
Hello eddie64, everything included in this emergency pail is listed in the product description and shown in the pictures. I hope this helps, thanks for shopping with us.overstockcustomercare1 on Dec 31, 2014
Aside from the creamy chicken rice dish, are the other products made with any meat? For example, is the potato soup or the broccoli rice made with chicken or beef stock? I'm also a vegetarian and don't want to purchase this one if it has any animal byproducts in it. Thanks!KimberlyKandros on Nov 22, 2014Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
Thank you for contacting us, Valued Customer.
While the product does not contain any meat, we can not say that it is vegetarian as some of the product items do contain chicken stock or flavoring.
Please let us know if you have any further questions.overstockcustomercare1 on Nov 24, 2014
Is the food GMO free? Does the water bottle also remove fluoride and chlorine? Is there anything with meat or is it all vegetarian? I don't eat meat.doug4790 on Nov 14, 2014Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
Hello doug4790, the food is GMO free. The water bottle will remove chlorine, but not fluoride. There is a Creamy Chicken Rice dish in this pack. Thank you for shopping with us! A.C.overstockcustomercare2 on Nov 14, 2014
Hi docmom, some of the items will require boiling water. Thanks for shopping with us! Sherri R.overstockcustomercare2 on Oct 17, 2014
Yes, it does. Not self-heating like MREs. And you would need a source of heat to use them, so you'll need a fire, a camp stove with fuel, and either find someone to share the prepared meals, or somehow, in a disaster, find a working refrigerator to store the remainder, or it'll go to waste.mipuppetmaster on Oct 20, 2014
Hello iowa323, there are 300 servings for 30 days worth of food which would allow for 10 items a day. The amount of meals for each day could vary depending on how you mix and match items or what you consider to be a meal. I hope this information was helpful for you. Thank you for shopping with us. overstockcustomercare1 on Jan 30, 2014
what's the fat content for these servings? can you publish the nutrition facts please...
Techsenttechsent on Jan 7, 2013Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
You will contacted by Customer Care.
Please let us know if you have any further question.overstockcustomercare1 on Jan 15, 2013
Do you sell 'sample's of your product.??
The Price is great but only if it tastes' good.
I don't believe that 'disaster preparedness' should be void of nutrition AND good taste
Thank you for you considerations in answering question. on Jun 29, 2012Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
Most food items containing grains are prepared in food plants that also prepare nuts and soy products, and contamination is probable.
Because of this, any company that DOES NOT alternate with these allergy sensitive food products WILL CLEARLY STATE THAT the food is 'free from allergy sensitive' food such as . . . products AND will state each food product that it is not possibly contaminated with. on Jun 29, 2012
Be the first to ask a question about this product.
Usually leaves our warehouse in 1-2 business days.
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.
Shop Overstock™ and find the best online deals on everything for your home and your family. We work every day to bring you discounts on new products across our entire store. Whether you're looking for memorable gifts or everyday essentials, you can buy them here for less.