the manufacturer is really cheap on this item. no batteries were included and hard to find what size or voltage you need in it. Also the outdoor unit works well only with two 1.5V regular batteries, even though the instructions say to use rechargeables which are 1.2V that .3 V makes a difference in the distance it will transmit, sync to WWVB and utilize the wind gauge and the rain gauge. Also the screws for assembling the unit are as small as possible. If you have to place a screw to hold two pieces together and the total distance is .5 inches that is exactly the length of the screws - not a thread more. Sorry I got this unit - should have spent another $20 and got a better unit.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? it looks just like it really is
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? So far.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. support for outdoor structure is rather cheap
Screws are way to small. I had to drill out some of the holes and use bigger screws. Instructions for assembly are poor. Instructions for programing the unit are very poor. I may have a defective unit as I have to reset the time every day. I like the features but time will tell if it really works. I just received my unit in the last week. No rain yet so I'm not sure if that works properly.
All in all this weather station does do the job. I have checked the readings for accuracy and they are spot on. Considering the cheap quality of construction I wonder how it will handle a strong storm. The solar setup works fine for me - less than 50ft to broadcast. The digital readout leaves a bit to be desired for the vision challenged; could have been a bit bigger, but, for the money... I have only had this operating for a couple of weeks so I can't comment on its durability, battery life, etc.; but, so far, with the exceptions noted, it is doing what it was made to do with decent efficiency! I could not recommend this product to a friend - at the price I paid. Cheaper, perhaps.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No; but it was minor.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. As another reviewer remarked, screws were a problem. I decided to go with heavier base mounting screws as those supplied didn't look like they would stand much of a wind. Also, the AM/PM function is defective; the Day/Date must be reset daily if one needs that function to be correct. Directions were somewhat confusing!