I read many user reviews on this TV before I bought it. About 20%-30% of the reviews said that the TV had picture problems soon after purchase. I decided to take a chance and bought it anyway, in May 2011. Four months after my purchase, the picture went out completely. At least it was covered by the Vizio in-home warranty. The repair guy replaced the main system board. AFTER FOUR MONTHS. He said the repair would have cost me $350 - $450 without a warranty. He said the system boards are now being made in China instead of Japan, and the boards are just not very reliable. He said he would recommend an LG TV. They seem to be more reliable. All the TVs he buys for himself are LG. Not sure if the LG boards are made in China. He said my Vizio TV actually had an LG display (LG was stamped on the display inside the shell), and that's why the picture was so good. Why does Vizio continue to sell their TVs with main system boards made in China? In my opinion, this indicates that Vizio doesn't place enough importance on reliability. SHAME ON YOU, VIZIO. I won't be buying any more of your products.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor. Needed a new system board after 4 months.
This is the first time I have ever purchased a refurbished product, so I was very nervous about it...but I have to say, I do not regret it! I am probably going to make many more refurbished product purchases in the future! And buying through overstock was excellent.
- Did the image onsite match the product? yes
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
- How is the quality of the product? excellent...just like new!!
This is titled 1st problem. I ordered this television with great expectation, opened and set it up. REMOTE is broke, or at least I hope it is the remote. Can't do anything with the television until I get a new remote. Overstock blew it on this one. Hopefully when the remote is delivered (how long will it take, of course no one can say) I can update this with satisfied.
- Did the image onsite match the product? Yes
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No
- How is the quality of the product? Don't know