I had ordered this projector for a backyard party for my son's 16th birthday. We put up 3 - 4x8 sheets of plywood covered with a couple of king-sized white sheets, against the privacy fence. As soon as it was dark we started the movie. The kids loved it! The eight adults helping out loved it! In fact, after the party ended at midnight, several adults still hung out on the deck with popcorn and snacks and we watched "Harry and the Hendersons"! The clarity of the picture wasn't bad at all for our intended use of the projector. We did hook up a stereo speaker system to it, but the sound from the projector would have been fine if we hadn't had so many people. We plan on having occasional out-door family movie nights from here on out. It just made it so fun! I'm glad I purchased the projector and appreciate the reviews of others that had also bought it.
My family loves to watch movies outside under the stars. The product is great for this. The quality and sound are great. Our little ones love it. I would recommend this product.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? looks just like the picture
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? no it is not, there is a small crescent mark on the screen (like a moon)when viewing.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. overall for what I bought this for, this is a great product
Good buy. Cheap and of good quality. does not replace a flat screen but for the price def it worth the money.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? none
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. exceellent
This projector was better than expected for the crappy price of XX dollars, yet if you buy it just don't leave it running for more than a few hours at a time. Use it for a movie or two then give it a rest for the day or the bulb will melt the wiring on the inside. But overall amazing picture and great buy
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
This projector does not promise DLP quality and the fact that it runs on a halogen lamp (around $10) should be a give away on what to expect. Yeah the image and color are not clear and the sound hums a bit, but it was less than $100!! We purchased this for outdoor movies in the backyard. The kids love it and I think for us, it was more about the experience. If I want LED quality, I'll watch our HDTV indoors. I'm happy with this projector; it works for us ;)
I knew this was a low end projector, but the product is much better in appearance then I expected. To be sure, if you want at top quality picture then you will need to pay far, and I do mean far, more. However, what this unit offers is much better then it's very low price would indicate. This unit is not for the snob or the person who thin=ks a life sized picture should be viewed from just a few feet away. It is useful, fun, easy to use.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The onsight imaqge does not really do this justice.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? The product works great.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Higher quality then i thought.
this is a geat projector for outdoor movie watching without the high price tag. perfect for what we needed! we don't have to worry about using a high-end projector outdoors and having it break . the kids loved watching an outdoor movie while camping. it wasn't hard to set up. we watched our first movie in just a matter of minutes from taking itout of the box.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? the imaged compared very well to the displayed image
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality projector for outdoor movies
I bought this for my teens (13-15) to use to have movie nights with their friends, but I see them using it more often for video games. From the times I've witnessed them playing, I must say that this projector was fit for the price. It's not the most supreme quality, but I wasn't expecting much and it met our needs.
I bought this, and it looks like a giant dim lightbright, or like I'm shining a dim image through a small chain link fence. The worst part is that there is almost an equal amount of dark space betweent he pixels making the project unusable for most applications.
I purchased this projector for a halloween project. It worked for probably an hour leading up to halloween and then started turning itself off after a few minutes never to work properly again. The image was ok - good enough had it not been defective. My experience was miserable since by the time it went bad on me it was too close to halloween for plan B. Buy at your own risk if you are ok rolling the dice on this product.
I bought this projector used a Pawnshop here in Cleveland Tenn. I only paid $**.**, it is **.** at Kohls. I liked that fact that it will project up to a 120" picture, which means at small sizes the picture should be even better. Same with a stereo with 100 watts per channel, it will have a better sound at lower volumes. This is not a projector you would use as main video source, great for kids room. I will get a higher quality projector for everyday use when I can afford it. TIP: When shopping for a projector, 3 things you want to look for: 1) Lumens the higher the Lumens the brighter the picture. (Lumens are Candle light power) this will help when watching in the day time. 2) The maximum screen projection size. This will give you a higher quality picture when showing at a smaller screen size. 3) Features: you want to find one with features that you can use for other things: Computer, Games USB port, SD slot, HDMI, VGA, and RCA These tips are to help you get more for your money and projectors with all these features do not add a lot to the price, (The BRAND is what adds to the cost) Another tip: If you find a projector at a fair price, and you think it may be made cheap, find out if it is made by a quality brand co. (Ex: Panasonic makes Technics, Black and Decker make Quickset deadbolt locks, Whirlpool makes Kenmore. At Radio Shack, their Optimus stereos were made by Pioneer and RCA. I hope I this info will help you. As far as the Shift 3 projector, see if it is safe to a slighter higher wattage bulb, I would not go higher than 75 watts. A TIP for a cheap movie screen: go to Home Depot or Lowe's and buy a sheet of the GLOSSY paneling that you would put in your bath room, put some black duct tape around the edges that hide screws if you wanted to hang it on a wall, and it will look like a real movie screen. The same goes for projectors, if it made my a Big Brand Co. it will work well.
I'm sure the quality is just fine. I didn't get a chance to truly see it though, seeing as minutes after turning it on I discovered that the buttons all controlled the wrong function- volume controls are just fine, but "color" button controls contrast, and the contrast button is the worst. The button that should increase contrast just controls volume again, and the one that should decrease contrast decreases color. There is no way for me to increase the color now, and I can not do anything with it now. Furious.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It comes as pictured
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? NO
you get what you pay for; very poor quality. It was hard to actually make out the pictures and very blurry that it was hard to focus in on
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? not good
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poor; would not recommend it at all; I actually returned it back to Overstock