I bought 2 of these Pantech Crossover unlocked cell phones from Overstock.com. The phones were delivered within 4 days - very quick. After inserting the SIM cards, both phones worked immediately. There is a brief tutorial that is helpful at getting you started. The WiFi feature is by far my favorite. I do not have a data plan but free WiFi is available almost everywhere these days. The camera takes good, clear pictures up close, but is not good for distance Zoom or action shots. I love being able to take pics and immediately post to Facebook like my friends who pay for data plans. So cool. Plus I can easily download apps to play games like Words with Friends. The screen is medium sized and the body of the phone is not as thin as the previous Pantech I had, but still fits in my pocket. I bought a 16Gb memory card with an adapter and can easily transfer songs and pics quickly between my phone and laptop. The media player in the phone is easy to learn how to use. Now, I use the songs downloaded to my phone or listen to Pandora while I work out. I am a newer "texter" but find the slide out keyboard convenient to use. I'm not sure what the previous reviewer was talking about - my touch screen works great. I especially like that you can use 2 fingers to enlarge any text (2 finger zoom?).
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes
I returned the phone because it did not always respond to my tapping the screen. It did perhaps less than 1/2 the time. It was very annoying trying to use it and it wasted my time which I really hate. The clarity was not too good either. I should have heeded the warnings of other reviewers who said they had the same issue I did. Altho the phone is sturdy and well built outside, inside is a different story. Don't waste your hard earned money on this.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The touch screen didnt always respond. It was though, a sturdy and well built phone.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No