First, there was no manual. I muddled through and managed to get the phone to power up. I changed the language and other settings to US and English, but the keyboard on the screen maintained many Chinese characters and it was impossible to enter English to properly configure to my carrier (T-Mobile). I had to pay to return it at my expense, so I was out nearly $$ dollars simply to try out a phone that didn't truly work with my carrier as had been described in the item description.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Impossible to ascertain because it would not work
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Impossible to ascertain because it would not work
This is a really neat phone, that I intended to use with an ATT Go-phone sim card and mostly utilize WIFI networks to make calls. There is something called GanjiLife (sort of like Chinese Facebook) that uses enormous amounts of data, data that I have to pay for. It can't be shut off or removed. Nice, eh? Also, the Android market app that comes loaded is in Chinese. I can't change it or remove it either. Oh, before you ask yourself, yes, I did change the language to English on the phone settings, but it didn't change some items to English.. I'll contact Overstock to see if they will take care of it, because I like the phone. Otherwise, it will be returned. If they fix it, i will update this review accordingly.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Favorably
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? ???Chinese software that can't be removed...defective I suppose.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems good.