Well, as all-ways it was a good value. I was hoping for the old fashion boat of a Lenovo. They sent me what's called a Tiny. Its quiet enough and tested when settled to consume 40 watts. As I like to keep my elect bill low and I'm not big on lap-tops, this PC turn out to be just fine. It was a HP 5700 dc Vista with windows-7 OS. They put RAM in both channels A-B and filling it up. My last Vista with XP-Pro OS. They put the RAM in slots #2 and #3. The Vista would switch channels when needing more RAM and the XP-Pro didn't like that and would shut down. I put RAM in all four slots and It ran OK so I didn't need to run on channel A only. Well, I really wanted a old fashion big IBM Lenovo. I all-ways did... The HP is a great PC and I keep that as a back up now. I think the Lenovo Vista/ win-7 is a bit faster than the Vista/XP tho I'm not into speed. I've had some problems with IE and went back to a Win-IE 9.0 RC Vista 32bit and it seems a bit better. May-be some day I will get one of those old big IBM or Lenovo's even if its less of a PC than this one. But when I get my elect. bill, I smile with the Tiny that sells for around *** new. The HP I got here was a fantastic deal. I love Vista/XP-OS. This ones good on the wallet and I get to keep my desk-top features too. Cool...
I like Overstock and like the price of this unit but think that the products were not adequately tested, regardless of the sticker in the box.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? similar
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? no - it wouldn't even fire up. Overstock sent another, but promised expedited shipping which took 6 days (UPS records show they did not pay for saturday delivery)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I bought a refurbished computer from you 3 years ago and it also arrived not working; The replacement lasted 3 years and then the hard drive failed. I tried again - my mistake.
Ordered 4, one failed within 30 days. Overstock customer support & getting a replacement was excellent! Drives are small by today standards, but for a workstation or home Internet user, it'll suffice - you can always upgrade. 4 GIG of RAM is plenty; I like the "clean" install of Win7, no junk or trial software. The only thing I'd like to see different is Win 7 64 instead of 32 so you can see all 4 GIG of RAM, and its a little more secure. Optical mouse & keyboard are pretty good as well. 8 USB ports a plus. These units are professionally refurbished grade A, and are clean as new. There may be a minor scratch or two, but small and colored in so you wont notice. All-in-all I recommend them. Id like to give them a good+, cant go excellent because one failed, but it happens, and like I said, replacement was hassle free & quick.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? pretty much
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
Overall this is a great product at a good price. very fast processor. After adding a grapics card so I can use an HDMI cable and a wireless n adapter it streams video very well to my HDTV. I just wish this item came with a power cord. Also, the promised mouse was not included with this item.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? stock photo does not show wear although you should expect some wear and tear on these off lease computers
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality proffesional unit. it looks like the hard drive is brand new.