I bought this card to add a second monitor to a six year old Sony VAIO desktop. It's worked out fine so far. Note that the card does have a fan and will make your system slightly noisier.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, performs as expected
I needed a half height card and this only fits a full height case. Called and emailed supplier, but no meaningful help. Could Overstock put half height vrs full height in card descriptions? Had to return & pay shipping.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. unknown
I made it work, but it caused overheating in my motherboard and the video quality wasn't as good as my on board video was originally. I took it out to save for a later date in another computer. It would be good to remember it is old technology and could replace an older VGA card gone bad or for older gaming systems that don't need much quality.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? realistic
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Supports older 9 x and not compatible with some motherboards.
Card is shipped without the Nvida driver & controller software. Drivers can be supplied by Windows XP, but the Nvida software is not. Here is the driver location for this card from Bought two cards - 1 worked fine - second card dead on arrival... Will work out with Overstock.
We have installed on an older dells that now runs xp and windows 7 ultimate that works great for spreadsheets and data analysis and html web development. If you are working on video or playing games this is not the card for you buy something bigger. We are using a pair of 19" Dell's with VGA connections supports well. We have another one in service using dual 24" acer on 1920 X 1200. It was plug and play.
Inexpensive card (although outdated by today's standards but still works fine), has the ancient pci connector that is somewhat difficult to find even on eBay. Allows you to enter custom settings for the screen resolution. In my case 1440x900. Easy to setup and install. Drives are readily available too. All in all an old but still fully functional and more than adequate of a graphics card.
The card works, it is as simple as plug and play. The card looked a little used, but I didn't really cared just as long as it worked and it does what it does perfectly. I'm currently the only person in my office with a dual monitor system other than our IT director. I'm thinking of purchasing a third monitor to spoil myself further.