I'm happy with the battery and that's what counts. I went the extra $1 to get the tools as I had never attempted to replace the battery in an iPhone before. I ended up using my own tools to get the job done because the provided tools were a joke. The pry bar scarred trying to get the face off the iPhone and started to break when I tried using it to pry. I ended up using a suction cup. I HIGHLY recommend using a suction cup to remove the face of the iPhone! SO much easier!!! By the time I got to the battery itself it was glued to the bottom of the back panel and that's where the pry bar snapped. I was trying to loosen the battery up around the edges and it just snapped. I ended up using a flossing pick to get the battery pried loose and out, lol! It was stronger than the pry tool that I got in the package if that tells you anything. The price was right. It came in at just under $10 after shipping costs. It took 10 days to get the product. That was a bit of a let down for such a giant site. I could have had it from NewEgg in 3 days for a couple dollars more. That'll teach me for going the cheaper route, lol. 10 days isn't that long but when you rely on your phone for appointments, contacts and everything else and the battery starts to die quickly that 10 days seems like an eternity, lol. All in all, it beat paying Apple $** to do something you can do yourself as long as you're careful and patient:-)
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Actual product differed from image shown. I received 1 screwdriver and pry tool with battery. Image shows 2 screwdrivers and a pry tool with battery.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? There didn't appear to be any visible defects.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The battery works great so far but the tools were a joke. The pry bar is soft plastic and scarred and broke very easily. The screwdriver was miserable as well.
These are excellent tools for the iPhone. Perfect battery too and at a perfect cost.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. okay
I purchased this to replace the current battery in my 3gs phone. After installing this battery my phone continually rebooted and would never keep a charge. I removed and reinstalled the battery several time, and even updated the firmware on the phone several time to see if that was the issue. None of this fixed the problem, so i reinstalled the old battery and everthing is back to normal. I will just keep the old battery in the phone till i get a new phone next year. As for the installation tools, the screw drivers are great, but the pry tool is a piece of junk. I have replace the screen before on the 3gs and the suction cup is a much easier method to remove the screen from the case than trying to pry it with this toool.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? what you see in the photo is what you get
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? no battery sucked
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well it was a bad battery, so the quality sucked obviously.