This camera is better than I thought it would be! The 3D effect is amazing; and the camera is easy to operate and to get fantastic pictures from. This camera works extremely well and is great for 3D... both with still shots and with movies. Friends and relatives are raving about the camera; some were talking about ordering one for themselves. The camera does well in low light situations; it works flawlessly indoors and out! A lot of the pictures allow things to float out from the camera into the space between the camera screen and the viewer! That is incredible! Pictures of aquarium fish, for example, have some of the fish floating out from the camera toward the viewer. We'll have to take this camera to the Shedd Aquarium for sure! (Only the superficial remain satisfied with 2D.)
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Product is better than image depicts.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality!
The camera takes good 3D pictures from a range of 3 to 100 feet. They are displayed on the screen on the back in full 3D without glasses and they look great there. The camera has many settings, but I've only used auto, so far. I haven't tried video. The printed manuals were in languages other than English. The English version was available on the CD-ROM. Also on the CD-ROM was some bad photo management software. Don't bother installing it, it doesn't have any support for 3D photos. Which brings me to the downside. If you want to share your pictures or view them on a device other than your camera, you're going to have to do some work, and Fujifilm doesn't really help you with that. Fortunately, there is a Yahoo group dedicated to the camera and many knowledgeable users who can point you in the right direction.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? same
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
Pictures from the camera in 2-D are very disappointing, but those in 3-d, both the actual 3-D seen on the camera screen, the MPO files separated and put into anaglyph mode with a great free program like stphmkre, and the jpgs created at the same time are really very nice and far better than I had expected... in clarity, sharpness, detail, and color. I like the camera better than I had thought I would. A tip in making anaglyph pictures for use with the red/green lens glasses is to make them black and white. The 3-D effects are much better with no ghosting.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality