I have purchased many computers from Overstock for my small business. I even purchased a Dell Optiplex previously. This one was a lemon. It shuts off intermittently. It won't consistently communicate with the printer. I had to reinstall Windows because I got a message on the computer that the operating system that came with the computer was pirated. Lots of problems. Getting in touch with Customer Service was a joke. The first time I waited 60 minutes and was on the phone with them for another 45 minutes to solve the problem with the operating system. When I tried to get back to them about the hardware issues I was asked to wait 80 minutes for the next representative. I left a message for someone to call me back but no one did. I've made many purchases from Overstock and this my only bad experience. Now I'm out $200+ and have to buy another computer. I'm debating whether or not to try Overstock for this again or not.
The computer came quickly, was exactly as advertised, and works great. It was easy to set up, since it came with Windows 7 already installed. We use Google Chrome, so our settings synced to the computer, and we were up and running.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The same.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
I was looking for a computer for home use to replace my old out of date desk top. This re-furbished Dell is just what I needed. It is quick, comes with Windows 7 and is much smaller than my old one. The keyboard is not of great quality, the 'Back' key is too small. Overall, I think I got a great deal on a real quality product.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The computer itself is great. The keyboard, not so great.