The power supply had a loose connection right out of the box. Wiggle the plug a bit and it powers off. Seems pretty basic stuff to check. The checklist covers a number of items but left this one out. We'll see how the customer service is for the return. Price point was right for what I was looking for. Hopefully, the replacement will be in better shape!
Very pleased with the product upon receipt. The price was attractive. Shipping took a week which was a little disappointing. This was the 3.0GHz model with 2 GIG of RAM. I use the system as a weather station monitor and it runs 24/7. With the operating system pre-loaded it took a short time to get operation. After 5 days of use the computer unexpectedly reboot and it never saw the hard drive again - it happens. Customer service was top notch processing the RMA quickly providing a cross shipment replacement. I'll provide additional feedback upon receiving the replacement.
I kept having problems with boot up, then running programs, very frustrating!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? okay
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? no
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Limited
the ease of service and selection when needing other software upgrades. the online service when needing a driver update or just installing a driver when accidentally deleted. Dell products are very easy to maintain. I highly recommend dell products to anyone who is looking for a great computer and a great price.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? it was very helpful to see it as a system.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? the product was perfect. no faults or defects it a brand new computer.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. i love dell products because of there online drivers and downloads.
I am a volunteer at a N.J. Naval Museum. I bought this computer for them. It worked great out of the box. (I am a Macintosh User.. LOL). Before the Sandy Storm I took the computer home. Never touched it again for about a year. I tried to turn it on and boot it up. The machine would not boot. Since I am a Mac user. I gave it to the Windows guy upstairs to see if he could fix it. Nothing. The machine is dead. It was good while it lasted, but even a Windows guru could not get it to even reinstall the software that came with it. I now will have to buy another Windblows machine for the Museum... Never had a problem like this before.